Kate Beirness named new host of CFL on TSN

TORONTO — The wait for the highly anticipated return of Canadian football is over as TSN announced its complete CFL ON TSN broadcast schedule, including exclusive live coverage of all 63 regular season games, all four divisional playoff matchups, and the 108th GREY CUP, live from Tim Hortons Field in Hamilton on Sunday, Dec. 12. Visit TSN.ca for the complete CFL ON TSN broadcast schedule.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2021/07/22/kate-beirness-named-new-host-cfl-tsn/
2 Likes

Good news! :+1:

Marshall Ferguson to do some PXP

TSN’s broadcast team of play-by-play announcers including Rod Black, Rod Smith, Dustin Nielson, Marshall Ferguson, and Farhan Lalji, who are joined by game analysts Glen Suitor, Duane Forde, and Dunigan

3 Likes

An obvious choice with her experience for doing Thursday night hosting.

Rod Smith will get more play by play calling too filling part of the void with the departed Cuthbert.

2 Likes

They are likely trying to catch up with some of the sports in the US, bringing in more females.
The Tampa Ray broadcast the other night was All-Female, the play-by-play, color person, on field person.
No reason why a woman couldn't do a CFL play-by-play.

1 Like

Great news. Beirness is the kind of youthful effervescence TSN's panel needs and Rod Smith is arguably the best play-by-play announcer in football. Best of all, no more Burris.

3 Likes

Good news about Marshall Ferguson being involved. I've watched University games Ferguson did play by play for and when TSN didn't air some pre season games listened to his play by play on radio online. Wish Rod Black wasn't but fine with the others

3 Likes

Also nice to see females being involved in sports roles , being a female myself.

3 Likes

Well there's a reason to never watch the panel again.

Well this slate looks promising. Now we'll get out our scorecards and see how they execute.

We demand to be pleased and entertained here you know.

1 Like

Easily the most annoying, phony personality on a network rife with annoying, phony personalities. If it was going to be a woman it should have been Brody Lawson, she's a far more knowledgeble cfl person than phony smiling at the camera Kate will ever be.

1 Like

Bierness is bloody awful, this guarantees that I and a lot of the fans I know won't be watching the panel anymore and God knows it was hard enough to do before this.

2 Likes

And his first post is.... :roll_eyes:

Thanks for joining there Monty P.
So just out of curiosity what team are you a fan of in the CFL ?
My guess is none of them since my guess is that you probably don't even follow the league let alone know any of the team's names .

So you basically decided to sign up to say this ? I've seen your type come and I've seen your type go . Burn the witch ? How about we burn you !!!

3 Likes

brodie lawson is on maternity leave right now she just had a son June 2nd 2021

1 Like

Do you think they will bring her back even? For me she was "meh."

2 Likes

she was part of a horse racing segment that aired june 18th . don't know about being involved with cfl again since sadly cfl let multiple people involved with marketing and social media stuff go , her being involved with racing night live on tsn was likely a different contract

3 Likes

you are not welcome

yo Kate, keep up the good work :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Guys like MontyPython here are just so very clearly insecure and feel threatened by this. Or possibly, and even more likely, one those types that just aren't happy with anything and will ALWAYS find SOMETHING to complain about. How are you not just absolutely pumped for some 3 down ball after 20 months?? I wouldn't care if it were 6 year olds running the panel. That would be adorable actually lol.

This is awesome. I've always liked Kate because she is very genuine, unlike Duthie for one, and she's very passionate about sport and fitness. She certainly walks the walk and I know she loves football. Gettin some Ferg involved too!? This is just fantastic. Can't wait for August 7th baby let's goooo ELKS CHAAARRRGGGEEE whoooo

:v::heart::canada::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Obviously a troll trying to get a reaction from everyone.

1 Like

Oh yea for sure he is and I troll trolls like that it's great. He will now never be able to make a comment without me chirping him :blush:
:v::heart::canada::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You don't speak for me or any other fans bud, we all love and adore Kate. Take your misogynistic tamper tantrum elsewhere. I bet you're also one those guys that sits there trashing the CFL and going on about the, ugh, NFL. We're about positivity, love and inclusion here mate so get with it. She was very clearly the obvious choice for the position and she's gonna be top shelf

1 Like