Kansas City grabs more CFL talent

what r your thoughts on the east?

Now, that is where we will have a three team race. The most improved team by far and really based on last year is the Hammer. You know the Argos and the Als will be near the top, but for my money if Maas has a great year, all bets are off and any of the three could take first place. I am going to love the Labour Day and return clash.
Again and like you have said it, there are alot of FA and if the Cats were to sign Ranek, Simpson, Tucker etc, well they could become the favourite to win the East?
As for the Gades, I have no idea. It could be feast or a thud to the bottom.
How do you see it?

Argos and Als in fight for 1st...

i think the argos playoff loss to the Als will motivate them, and they have a better schedule than last year, so i see them finishing 1st.

hamilton will be about .500 most of the season, then go hot around labour-day to finish the year...much like calgary last year...it takes time for chemistry.

ottawa ( unless shocks us all and signs alot of FA talent ) will be at the bottom.

I still think we could have a problem with Damon. How long can he go as a 42-43 year old? The running back position with Avery and Johnson is a question mark. On D we have always had a problem against the run and there are alot of 30+ guys. AC is the best QB for now in the East and the Als have a great receiving corp, O-Line and a good running back. They are weak on Defense.

damon had his best year ever, last year....so i can't really see a worry about him at this point...maybe if last year was poor.

Johnson showed he can carry the ball if they decide not to use Avery.

the only weakness is against the run....but that can be coached....and im sure some of last years problems were due to lack of rest, since the argos scedule was so bad....even with that crappy schedule, they had thier best season in years....this year's schedule should improve on that.

i think they will be extra motivated this year, since they chocked in the playoffs last year, they'll want to play tough everygame.

Damon has stated not only does he want to play this year, he wants to be back next year when the GC comes to the city. I do not know if that is a wise decision by management. It could be time to find a permanent replacement, like a Bishop or possibly this Crouch guy.

damon should play as long as he can put up the numbers...and last year he put up the numbers.....i bet u werent skeptical when the argos walked into the BIG O and layed a spanking on the Als.

Bishop is garbage...u've forgotten the last game of the year against the Gades..he threw 4 INT's....strong arm, no aim.

No question Damon had the best year of his career and was the rightful winner of the MVP. All I am saying is at what point do you look for a replacement. Do you stay with him hoping he will continue his brilliant play and if not, what happens if his play goes south. Almost like Balfour with the Leafs and they really have no replacement. Well, maybe this Crouch guy or possibly Wynn will be learning as number two and step in when he actually retires. The problem with any sport, you gotta play to learn your craft and especially as a QB.

at what point do u look?....they are lookin right now....but u dont DO the replacement, until his numbers drop...which they havent.

I guess and especially since the 07 GC.

...the most improved team in 06...and looking pretty hungry will be the Bombers...if someone thinks the Bomber coaching staff is in-experienced and is a draw-back....you better look again....I believe Berry does have a Grey Cup ring...and Marshalls experience is nothing to sneeze at...believe me....these guys didn't come to Wpg. to play tiddly-winks...they are gonna 'Berry' a few teams this year....Ham. is improving big-time...I will bet that these teams are 1 and 2 in the 'turn-around' category in 06... :arrow:

the lions won't be in panic mode YET...but they are
losing a lot of talent....good luck Wally in filling the holes.. :shock:

i agree....the bombers will be somewhere in the 8-10 and 10-8 range.
same with hamilton....

It certainly starts with the coaching staff and the BB will be much better. But, the Ticats have the better QB, Maas vs Glenn is no comparison. So for the BB there will be an improvement, maybe 7-11 while the Cats may go 10-8 or 11-7.

...Glenns stats were pretty good last year under a 'dud' of a coach....look for him to show vast improvement under Berry...Maas will be tested in Ham.....they aren't the Esks. (yet)...we'll see... :roll:

It all depends if DD says heatly, the fell the the 2nd half of the season, you don’t think that will carry over?

Winnipeg should make thrid place. as for your beloved Stamps, frist place, no doubt, they will come out flying like they did in the 2nd half of last season.

You can't fault the Bombers fans for being under confident in their team. Hopefully that keeps the season ticket sales high there.

I have a feeling Wally B. has a few trix up his sleve that no one knows about :wink:

For the Lions sake, I hope your right, for the BB sake, hope your wrong. :wink:

Well, I was hoping this thread would generate a little more discussion about the relationship between NFL and CFL teams, but I guess you guys got a little caught up with other thoughts....

I know I'm still a bit sad about Kwan dropping out. :cry: