Kansas City Chiefs

Keep up the great work here and beyond Johnny, and I know that you can catch that damn Bodhi next time too!

Have been wondering when you would post under this thread! :wink:

Congratulations Johnny.

2 Likes

The other fun part of this thread for me is for some reason, I have been reading everybody’s posts all along in the voice of Bodhi or another character whenever anything is typed followed by “Johnny.”

Maybe I am alone on this front, but hey give it a try some time and perhaps amaze your friends again too.

That’s one hell of a job well done here again, JOHNNY.

Like the movie goes, if you have to bail out fast like this, you better pack your SOCKS NOW, @Johnny_Ticat_slayer

(bold text is my emphasis)

I do think that the continuation of this 0.375% county sales tax to support the Chiefs shall pass, for it is not a new tax.

If that is the case in early April, the Chiefs will be in Kansas City for basically the rest of our lives for those who are here, so same ol’ same ol’.

But after these modern renovations, the currently dated Camarohead will mercifully be a relic from the last century.

The Chiefs recently unveiled plans for an $800 million renovation at Arrowhead Stadium that would upgrade almost everything. Not only would parking and tailgating improve, but the team would also add new video boards and better luxury amenities. The team would also add a 360-degree concourse that would allow fans to finally navigate the entire stadium when sitting in the upper deck. The team is also planning to add some new club areas in the end zone.

The Chiefs are planning to foot $300 million of the renovation bill, but the rest would come from the extension of a three-eighth of a cent sales tax that will be voted on in Jackson County on April 2. The sales tax is already in place through 2031 and if voters approve the extension, the tax would stay in place until 2064.

If the tax extension gets approved, the Chiefs have said they would sign a 25-year lease at Arrowhead, which would include a team option for three five-year extensions. The current lease expires in 2031, so even if the extension gets voted down, the Chiefs wouldn’t be going anywhere for another seven years, but it certainly would create some drama in Kansas City.

No NFL team ever has won three straight Super Bowls. But with Mahomes in his prime, Andy Reid vowing Sunday night to coach on, Rashee Rice developing into a true No. 1 wide receiver and the best defense of the Mahomes era in place, the Chiefs will enter next season with a legitimate chance to pull it off.
Mahomes sure plays well for a stupid guy :laughing:

I agree that the Chiefs could continue to win for several years yet as long as Mahomes stays healthy.

I saw your reference to Rice and am guessing you hadn’t heard yet. He was somehow involved in a crash between two cars racing this past weekend which ultinmately involved 4 vehicles. It was initially reported that he fled the scene and was a fugitive but his lawyer says he is now cooperating. Details are still very sketchy.

1 Like

Interesting twist here - Wentz reunites with Coach Reid:

So despite my expectations that this referendum for a sales tax increase in Jackson County, Missouri would pass, I certainly got this one wrong, as did most anybody honest.

That prediction was despite the fact that I hear much of the same sentiment here locally in Philadelphia in these inflationary times.

The people of Jackson County, Missouri, which includes Kansas City and overall is heavily Democrat in a solidly Republican state, have spoken and told the Chiefs:
“NO! AND HELL NO TOO YOU FOOLS!”

(Here’s how the county voted in the 2020 elections, one of only three in Missouri to vote Democrat:
https://www.politico.com/2020-election/results/missouri/ )

Uh-oh. Now both the Chiefs and Royals may consider moving plans years from now.

Fortunately for [Kansas City Mayor Quinton] Lucas and the people of Kansas City, the Chiefs won’t be going anywhere any time soon. The team’s lease at Arrowhead runs through Jan. 31, 2031, which means the two sides have just under seven years to get things figured out.

Now you decide after reading also the following:

The Chiefs recently unveiled plans for an $800 million renovation at Arrowhead Stadium that would upgrade almost everything. Not only would parking and tailgating improve, but the team was also planning to add new video boards and better luxury amenities, including new club areas in the end zone. The Chiefs were also looking to construct a 360-degree concourse that would allow fans to finally navigate the entire stadium when sitting in the upper deck.

The Chiefs were planning to foot $300 million of the renovation bill, but the rest of the money was expected to come from the extension of the three-eighth of a cent sales tax that just got voted down.

Given the vast success of the Chiefs, does that sound fair to you?

The public would be on the hook for MOST of the renovation and the usual overruns!

So pay up, owner Clark Hunt and Royals owner John Sherman.

It’s not like you two don’t have the money and all those financing resources.

2 Likes

Multi-billionaires asking the public to foot the bill for their lucrative enterprises reminds me of this cartoon.

2 Likes