Kansas City Chiefs

Is anyone watching the game against the Titans? Wow, how the mighty have fallen!

An absolutely horrible defence and even Mahomes is making too many mistakes.

yes …i Bet Titans +5.5 so this is a good score for me so far. Titans are a power team hey?

That quarter billion dollar contract is making him stupid. Playing like rookie. Seems like every DC has figured Mahomes out

1 Like

Perhaps every coach has watched that film from the Super Bowl and earlier games this season, and adjusted their defence accordingly, so as to make Mahomes move to where he is statistically least effective. Obviously it’s been working.

1 Like

Keep applying defensive pressure on Mahomes by taking away time for him to make a play

1 Like

Also, the new and rebuilt offensive line of the Chiefs isn't playing that well. The Chiefs also don't have quality receivers behind Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill.

2 Likes

So the Chiefs barely win against the lowly Giants. But hey, a win is a win! Next up they face the Packers. Aaron Rodgers won't play because he has Covid 19. This is another winnable game for the Chiefs.

Can they turn their season around? I don't think so, but you never know.

1 Like

…he’ll be fine financially, he owns Chicago after all…

2 Likes

Hmmm …talk about lucking out there …I don’t like it but then again Rodgers certainly has been cocky lately and now he’s been caught lying so on with the “justice” for him but watch the NFL let him off lightly.

Well the Chiefs won in non convincing fashion against a Packers team without Aaron Rodgers. They are now 5-4.
Their offence is unrecognisable, having scored a mere 36 points in the last 3 games combined.

The Chiefs finally looked like themselves against the Raiders! Despite their bad start to the season, they are in first place in their division.
They next face a tough team in the Cowboys. If they can beat Dallas, they might be for real.

“If”???. The Cowboys will beat the Chiefs. Mahomes will have a hard time escaping the Dallas defense. Dak will match Mahomes point for point on every drive

2 Likes

This will be the marquee game of course, but I do not think that much should be read into it, unless they return to terrible form, because the way they played the Raiders I think they are for real.

Andy Reid commented that this was Mahomes’ first career slump in his career, and unless we see a disappointing performance against the Cowboys win or lose, I’m thinking he’s back in his usual form as is his offence.

1 Like

That’s possible, but anything can happen. We’ll see Sunday.

1 Like

Well the Chiefs have won 5 straight. But, I am not convinced. Except for the game against the Raiders, they won ugly.
The defence has improved, but the offence just isn't working. I see them as "one and done" in the playoffs.

1 Like

Ok, I am convinced! The Chiefs have won 8 straight and have locked up the division. They look completely different to the team that played the first 7 games.
I wonder if anyone in the AFC can prevent them from going to another Super Bowl?

1 Like

They’re looking better than my Patriots. :worried:

But you can’t count the Bills out.

I agree, the Bills have a good team that can go far in the playoffs.

Josh Allen is a bit inconsistent with his decision making although he has all the tools to be a great qb, right now I’d say he is a very, very good qb but not great but he’s young. This is a pivotal year for him although it depends what COVID does with players on his offence, we’ll see. Diggs is a great receiver, without him, they’re done like dinner.

1 Like

The Chiefs do look like the team to beat in the AFC. It’s weird this year that pretty well every team that has looked like potential world beaters at times has coughed up a fur ball or two at other times. Given the current state of Covid I think it will be hard to predict much accurately until the eve of the playoffs.

1 Like