Kanga's dream come true

Here is the field goal rule:

A field goal is scored by a drop kick or place kick (except on a kick-off) when the ball, after being kicked and without again touching the ground goes over the cross bar and between the goal posts (or goal posts produced) of the opponent's goal.

and here is the definition of a drop kick:

A drop kick is made by dropping the ball from the hands and kicking it with the foot just as it rises from the ground.

Now why can't the D intercept the ball or recover a fumble and then drop kick the ball through the endzone? According to that information above they can.

because(I think) that would be concidered a quick kick or punt and a punt does not score any points if it goes throught the uprights

I think a quick kick or punt is when the ball doesn't touch the ground before the player kicks it.

Yes I understand.

I am just not sure if points would be awarded in that situtation

I just asked the ref
I will let you know

Big Dave might remember this.............

Exclusively in Canadian football, the drop kick can be attempted beyond or behind the line of scrimmage. Any player on the kicking team behind the kicker, and including the kicker, can recover the kick. A drop kick that goes out of bounds is considered a change of possession.

During one game in the 1980's Hamilton Tiger-Cats wide receiver Earl Winfield was unable to field properly a punt and in frustration he kicked the ball out of bounds. The kick was considered a drop kick and it led to a change of possession and the team that punted regained possession of the ball.

You dont see that call every day..........

Ya but if it goes between the upright is it 3 points
stay tuned

also, the offence could score a saftey if a defender intercepted it, then went into the endzone(has to leave it first if caught in endzone) then gets tackled, anyone can score anything

the WFL did a rule in the preseason where FGS from the 10 and lower where only 1 point, ones from the 10 to the 20 were two points, and beyond 20 was three. Before the begging of the regular season, the rule died. no wonder! :wink:

well, if Ro says no to that, I believe him and the 4FG rule should died here and the NFL should pick it up, nuff said.

but if it crosses the deadline (OB in the end zone), those count as Singles right?

I think I’ve asked that before, but I’m still not 100% sure.

“During one game in the 1980’s Hamilton Tiger-Cats wide receiver Earl Winfield was unable to field properly a punt and in frustration he kicked the ball out of bounds. The kick was considered a drop kick and it led to a change of possession and the team that punted regained possession of the ball.”

so Hamilton drop punted the ball OB and gave possesion to the other team? am I reading that right?

would that be a TD, not a safety? and odds are he would just take a knee, and let his team take posistion at the 25 yard line or the 35 yard line if it’s a single sistuation.

Ro, buddy, little help here! :!:

not if it’s his endzone and he holds onto the ball

then that's a single, not a safety, but I'll have to check the book.

not if he comes out and then goes back in

fever is correct

fine, it's a safety, I don't give a ****, 1 point or 2 points, (puts hand up in the air), make better sense with 2 points.

and besides, who would be stupid enough to run into their own in zone? take the ball where you got it (even if it's at the one), and let the O try for more yards or take the safety and get a bitter field position.

course, that strategy cost Winnipeg the GC against Toronto in the 1960's but hey!?!

1 point and possession, or 2 points and a kickoff
it's a significant difference

Also, american returner occasionally mess it up, I know it happened once this season, and I think twice

otherwise, the bolded part would be single on an FG or punt sistuation, or on the interception, the ball in the D’s possesion would go to the 25 yard line.

if I were the coach, I have the D down the ball where he has it, and give my O line a chance to get it into a good range, and if they can’t, take the safety and get the ball back and a better possession.

other than the bolded part that post had decent grammar

ok, here is a list

1. FG/punt: receiver gets the ball and gets tackled in the end zone: Single
  2. D (on Team A) intercepts the ball and gets take down in the end zone, or takes a knee: Team A has possession of the ball on their 25 yard line.

have you really not learned anything??
ZERO coaches would want there defender to intercept the ball and then give up a safety, that would be the stupidest move ever. Do you not understand that when there is a safety that the team that gives up the safety loses possesion of the ball, ALONG WITH the other team getting two points.

There are very very few times you want to take a safety, in fact the only real time they do it is if its 3rd down and the punter is deep in the endzone and there is little chance of getting the ball deep, and the two points mean less then the field position.

Back to the drawing board I’d say

it's no wonder why were not mods yet and never will be.

wait, rereading, and your right, but why have your man run into your end zone and risk getting the safety?

rather take it where the ball is and have a chace to drive the ball from where it was spotted.