Jyles

Interesting comments from Terrance Edwards in the Sun,

[url=http://www.winnipegsun.com/sports/football/2010/10/18/15737756.html]http://www.winnipegsun.com/sports/footb ... 37756.html[/url]
“I guess they made adjustments,? Edwards said of the Alouettes defence. “We were throwing what they were giving us. [b]We had stuff called; we can’t throw it into coverage.[/b]“Steve was taking what they were giving us. Everybody knows we’re a big-play offence, so they tried to take that away from us. [b]We gotta throw it underneath and keep drives alive. That’s what we gotta do.?[/b]
Jyles not taking what was called. Would explain why Lapo benched him the BC game.

Message to Jyles, don't try to be hero and stick to the game plan please.

........agreed pigseye.....He can't do it ALL....Also....what happened to the underneath stuff....????? We do have bigplay guys BUT the intermediate stuff is getting no-play....I know a little dump-off to FredEx is not going to be considered because of his hands...but why not a little shovel pass....When was the last time we seen one of those??? You have to keep opposition defences honest or they'll just key on ' longball' repetitive game plans, till you're done...Mix things up...It seems like we don't have any imagination...too vanilla .... :roll:

Not really sure how the excerpt proves your point, since Edwards specifically says that Jyles was taking what the defense was giving him.

I don't doubt that Jyles might have been too eager for the deep ball in the latter stages of the game, but I don't think you can put the offense's struggles entirely on his shoulders. LaPo and Baressi have to take their share of blame for not being able to adjust to what the Als were doing.

yeah.. your quote says

“I guess they made adjustments,? Edwards said of the Alouettes defence. “We were throwing what they were giving us. We had stuff called; we can’t throw it into coverage.“[b]Steve [u]was[/u] taking what they were giving us[/b]. Everybody knows we’re a big-play offence, so they tried to take that away from us. We gotta throw it underneath and keep drives alive. That’s what we gotta do.?
I suspect all the bombs he was throwing was more a result of the playcalling than Jyles trying to be a hero.. besides.. if he wasn't throwing bombs the late TD would never have happened.. he was driving the second series too for the tying FG before TJH fumbled..

I think you guys may be right, maybe he's saying the stuff called was to throw into coverage, which Montreal was taking away, and that they have to call stuff underneath, and that's not Jyles fault.