Jyles or bust

It would appear the wheels (or is that oars?) have definitely come off the good ship Argonaut. Lemon has once again proven he is just that. Bell looked totally lost. And that reaction by Lemon on the sidelines after another Bell interception.......not cool at all.

Here's to hoping Jyles is up to game shape. Even if he is not 100% the Argos can't be any worse. 2-16 looking more probable everyday (along with my 1-17 Riders).

Good luck TO......hope you at least challenge the Leos for the final spot.

i agree. Putting in jyles without any playing time this year... It honestly cannot be werse then what we saw last night. what a joke of a team. even the pannel said it wasnt a good game to watch. and they are paid to make the league look good.

Not sure if S. Jyles is ready to go, the game is in B.C. and you can bet your sweet fanny the Leos will be comin in buches to get him. Cleo lemon got them where they are (along with the D) and should get the calll in my opinion. I don't know; but I don't think Lemon has been the same since the hit he took with the Winnipeg player (Lobendahn I think) that took him out of the game a few games ago.

[quote="backer@oldclarke"I don't know; but I don't think Lemon has been the same since the hit he took with the Winnipeg player (Lobendahn I think) that took him out of the game a few games ago.
[/quote]
He actually played his best two games, ever, immediately after he returned from the injury. Last night was obviously a complete regression, but chalking it up to the Lobendahn hit makes no sense.

Lemon would have looked better if he had receivers not dropping easily catchable balls and had a play call that was for more then 4 yards. With the nonsense he had to work with last night, he did alright. Certainly you can't pin that fiasco on him alone.

On the same token, throwing Jyles to the wolves with minimal practice time and no doubt a lot of rust after his injury is silly too. You have to put the player in a position to be successful.

[quote author="pw13"][quote author="backer@oldclarke"I don't know; but I don't think Lemon has been the same since the hit he took with the Winnipeg player (Lobendahn I think) that took him out of the game a few games ago.
[/quote]

He actually played his best two games, ever, immediately after he returned from the injury. Last night was obviously a complete regression, but chalking it up to the Lobendahn hit makes no sense.
Yea you are correct pw13. However I'm just trying to find answers on Lemon. But in essense there is nothing wrong with him. I'm a big time fan of Cleo and with the proper coaches/players (I guess) is what he needs to excell in the CFL. Cheers

The QB cupboard has been bare for years and definitely the last two years.
There is no one else but Jyles now and ultimately this predicament falls on the shoulders of Barker as GM and coach.

2nd and 19… Lemon drops to boyd for a three yard play… I dont care how good of a RB you are, a defense with the players of BC will never let you get a first down like that. that was the whole first half. then bell… that was a joke. why the heck did they leave him in? when they left the first half, toronto was still in striking distance. they were only behind by a small margine, that woulda been smaller had the P man made that field goal. im so sick of the argos sucking.

Not starting him next game would have been understandable, but cutting a QB that you've put more then a season and a half of work into, especially when he showed some glimpses during the games vs Hamilton and Saskatchewan, seems a bit odd. Unless the Argos need to free up cap room, this one has been scratching my head a little bit. Brandon Rideau I think deserves a little flak given the dropsies and what looked to be a route issue at the start of the 3rd.

I think it will be interesting to see if another team picks him up as a backup or 3rd string QB, which really is where Lemon should have been before getting the start.

Jyles or bust? I'll take BUST A 38DD would be nice. Them's much bigger than LEMON's...

3rd and 2.... Barker calls SHOTGUN.......

To bad we can't fire him.

Jyles is looking good. Great yards with Winnipeg...awesome game.
Jyles seems to be finding his niche....and the team seems agree with him.
GO ARGOS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thup:

i see little improvement over lemon.

Jyles performed very well with the 4-14 Bombers last year despite their dismal record yet Jyles is subpar with the Argos thus far..

I believe that Jyles had too much rust after being inactive for nearly a year, and the Argos offensive scheme and lack of receiving core has hurt.

Jyles has more natural athletic talent than Cleo Lemon although the Argo team is essentially the same...and therein lies the problem.

You could put Calvillo or Ray in that offense and they'd still be in last place. They need and experienced OC,not a guy who had one year as a receivers coach and some receivers who can hang on to the ball. Barker should give up the coaching reigns to O'Shea and bring in an experienced OC and hit the road evaluating the minute the season is over.

Argeed, also the Argos need to scout the NCAA, NCAA1 and bring in 2 or 3QB and develp them over the next 2 or 3 years. like, BC, Edm have done in the past. The list of Argo QB under center, just for Barkers year and a half has been nuts. You can't grow your team into a winner, by drop kicking QB's in and hoping they catch on in 6 months. Dump Bell and the 3rd string guy at the end of the year.

Argos need a great QB, Jyles is not! The time is short, we are talking survival of the franchise. There is no time to develop a QB, leave the developing to those that know what they are doing! Piano legs Barker has no idea what he is doing! Was a joke when he was named coach of the year by the know nothing Canadian sports writers.

Trust me when I tell you this...inside the CFL coaching circle, there was snickering when Barker won coach of the year. Argos won 9 games last year in spite of Piano Legs.

Argos need to get a qb that has talent even if it means going after a free agent. Hey maybe Burris or Ray, leave development of QB`s to those that know what they are doing.

Its a joke to watch a QB like Jyles run every other play. Its not enough to win in the CFL with a QB that can only run and throw short passes (thats Jyles MO) AND EVEN if it was enough to win, its not entertaining.

Argos need to get a qb that has talent even if it means going after a free agent. Hey maybe Burris or Ray, leave development of QB`s to those that know what they are doing.
If Jyles is not the answer, it may be a good idea to try and get Burris, as the Stamps will either release him after the season or relegate him to backup for Tate.

Burris has two or three good years remaining and would help the Argos reach respectability, and give them time to groom a successor.

I still think Jyles will improve although how much is up for debate.

Well it looks like now the strategy will be to build a new offence around Jyles.

In reality that means finally getting rid of all of the receivers for a whole new corps but keeping Durie and keeping Boyd.

I dont know I would keep our non-import recievers
especially because they are all so young.

for Imports I would just resign Mann and let owens play some reciever
non imports theyve already resigned bradwell and hopefully they keep Watt as well along with durie.

replace copeland with somebody young and effective