Justin Medlock On His Way Back To The CFL?

With all the news Tuesday this news was overshadowed.

Someone will have Medlock back I would not doubt if the Argos don’t want him, and I say so much for the better for the CFL for that matter.

[url=http://forums.cfl.ca/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=56255#p918115]viewtopic.php?f=4&t=56255#p918115[/url]

With two NFL teams having released Medlock I’ll be keeping a real keen eye out in the NFL season for the next batch of loser kickers and what teams chose them and overlooked Medlock. 8)

Problem for the Argos is that Medlock is an import and while the kicker is second to the QB in terms of importance on a CFL team. The Argos may not have the NI depth to dress an import kicker this season.

as a bomber fan, id trade him for serna in a heartbeat... itd be an imp swap so wouldnt affect our ratio... kid has talent.. and room to improve...

If this comment was made after Serna’s first year I’d agree. Not after his last.

Short term it would be great . Meadlock may only last another year in the CFL, he has a great leg and he will catch on, in the NFL sooner or later . Serna has become dependable and isn’t going any where

by Towelie » 02 Jul 2010 00:51

as a bomber fan, id trade him for serna in a heartbeat... itd be an imp swap so wouldnt affect our ratio... kid has talent.. and room to improve...
Great prophetic post by Towelie. :)

Serna was 3 for 6 with one of the misses due to a bad hold such that any kicker would have missed it.

Why they count those misses not the fault of the kicker against the kicker in stats I don’t know and don’t agree with either.

:(

But how many missed kicks, and sometimes overlooked subsequent dangerous returns, does it take to ditch Serna in favour of such a proven player as Medlock? Medlock’s ripe for the picking up there or somewhere soon I say, but what do the Bomber fans think about Serna? Just “one bad game” or “on thin ice”?

Too bad the Bombers’ punter Renaud can’t place-kick too as he is awesome! Or could he at least kickoff too?

Serna had a bad night last night and it cost the Bombers a TD the other way on one of his misses.Only real bad spot for the Bombers last night.

There was a problem with the snaps and holds for Serna on the ones he missed. We have a new long snapper (Adam Bestard) and it was his first game. Serna wasn’t the problem and the problem will be solved quickly as Bestard, Renauld and Serna work together on it in practice.