Justin Airabin released by Saskatchewan

[url=http://www.cbc.ca/canada/saskatchewan/story/2008/07/09/roughriders.html?ref=rss]http://www.cbc.ca/canada/saskatchewan/s ... ml?ref=rss[/url]

Is he worth a look?

8) NO !!!!!!

I think if we were gunna pick up a DB/CB we would have already signed Juran Bolden or Stanford Samuels or Khalil Carter.

Very True!

IMO we don't need any help in any position right now, I like our guys and believe they can get it done while also building familiarity with each other.

With a quote like "Is he worth a look?" after a player is cut, it just sounds like the Ti-Cats of old. We finally have put together a competitive team. Why would we throw a random former player that did next to nuthing on his previous team.

Hate to rain on your parade, but the secondary didnt look so good in week one.

Way too early to say we are competitive and are OK with our people.

He MAY be worth a look.

I believe the name is Airabin Justin. :wink:

Our Secondary looked dreadful in week one. and it improved in week 2. and It should Continue to improve.

We can't just bring in a guy 2 weeks into the season because our secondary hasnt looked great. that would basically just repeating what we did last year when we didnt have the same secondary for 2 straight weeks till late late in the season.

They only way it will continue to improve is if we can get sustained pressure on the QB. I'm not saying we need to bring Justin in but if we can't get pressure on the QB we are in trouble.

And its also "Way to early" to start bringing in ex-ticat nobodies that "MAY be worth a look".

Our whole team didn't look good in week 1 but the key is to improve and thats exactly what they did in week 2. Week 1 Watkins went to town on Gordon and like any good pro Gordon bounced back in week 2.

Our secondary as a whole is solid and week 1 and 2 looked totally different.

We have already seen what "MAY be worth a look" gets us in past seasons. We end up looking like a new team every week and our players never get to become familiar with each other and it effects our guys playing as a group.

So what I'm saying is keep the guys we have together for more then 2 weeks. They will get better as the season progresses.

I have a question for everyone.

Is that we were that bad week 1 or is Montreal “THAT” good. They put 31 in the 1st half on a good Winnipeg team.

I think the question was 'is he worth a look' and not "lets cut someone and put in Justin". The team always has a few dbs around and injuries can hit at any time. Is he worth a look, maybe.

Whats the point in bringing in a guy who IS NOT "worth a look" we bring him in for what? For him to sit on the practice roster because he will not beat out any of our starters on defense. He wouldn't even beat out our back ups for the active roster. He has been a sub par player with us and has still been that same player else where.

I just think it would be a worthless pick up, if our management thought we needed a defensive back we would have went out and got a player like Stanford Samuels, Kahlil Carter, or even Juran Bolden who all have a ton more talent.

It is pointless to even dispute over a player like Justin when there are at least 3 other available players who are better.

They need backups and the three players you named arent here either and that is a problem too. To sit on this lineup after one win isnt smart. Teams always have lots of guys around as competition and to be ready and not all players accept that role. The person asked if he was worth a look, you named three guys you think are worth a look I presume? so why arent they here? cus we have the grey cup secondary intact already and expect no injuries? I said maybe and I think the cats can bring in guys to look at without breaking the little hearts of the players who are already here.

He asked, is Airabin Justin worth a look and I answered it...NO.

Now whether we need "Depth" in the secondary or not can be disputed but whether Justin deserves a look for a roster spot is a worthless conversation when we could easily bring in 3 other players who are better.

I know we don't have a "Grey Cup Champion Secondary"... yet :smiley:.

All I'm saying is if we did need depth, Airabin Justin wouldn't be my first choice. Apparently OBIE thinks the guys we have can get the job done when called upon.

It is way to early to just call in every potential "worth a look" player 3 weeks into the season. Give the guys time to bond together and play as a group. We have enough depth right now but if there comes a time where 2-3 starters in our secondary get injured we can look at a couple of these players to come in and help out.

So what I'm saying is keep the guys we have together for more then 2 weeks. They will get better as the season progresses
It is way to early to just call in every potential "worth a look" player 3 weeks into the season. Give the guys time to bond together and play as a group.
Like I said, you turn worth a look into taking a starters job. Nobody said justin was worth a look to take a starters job and break up the cats doomsday secondary, where did you see that, LOL. I guess you are just screeeaaaaming at the signing of andre sadeghian too?(4th on the rb depth chart I guess right? but worth a look) we are so set at rb and now jesse is at home crying cus we signed a guy to take his place! but oh god forbid he was cut by bc!! how could we ever take a cut player, thats just not the way to build a team! its for depth, thats why. stick him on the practice roster for a couple weeks and see what happens, that is what its for. do you think that Stanford Samuels, Kahlil Carter, or Juran Bolden are better than our backups? they are probably better than our starters and yet they arent here, why not? People laughed at argos last year when they signed dominique dorsey who was free for the taking......of course cats didnt want him, he was a reject! They brought him in for a 'look', thats why they win, they arent afraid to take a look at someone whether passed up or not. You can always release him... this notion that the roster is set and they cant bring anyone in to look at or for depth or special teams or whatever.......is just bunk and its why teams lose not why they win
do you think that Stanford Samuels, Kahlil Carter, or Juran Bolden are better than our backups? they are probably better than our starters and yet they arent here, why not?
Why are you crying about all this to me. I do not know why we haven't signed any depth players.

I guess you had a problem reading what I said let me bring it up again...

"Now whether we need "Depth" in the secondary or not can be disputed but whether Justin deserves a look for a roster spot is a worthless conversation when we could easily bring in 3 other players who are better."

When I read that I don't read anything that says the team doesn't need depth players.

In fact I think we could add some depth players, there are a bunch of players that we could bring in that have way more up side to them then Airabin Justin.

Also I knew about Andre Sadeghian's signing before most around here. I have no problem with signing depth players.

IMO, AJ would be an upgrade for you guys at CB because we cut him for salary cap reasons. He is a great CB and many Rider fans believe he should be starting over Morgan.

We have Jykine Bradley and Lawrence Gordon as our starting CBs. IMO Justin is no where close to Gordon and Bradley talent wise.

Now like I said before if we want to bring in players for Depth I think we could bring in Stanford Samuels, or Kahlil Carter over Airabin Justin. Now our GM for some reason doesn't think we need any more depth so I will have to believe him until proven otherwise.

No offense, but I'm going to take the skill of the starting DBs of the Riders over the Ticats.

And you should. That is your team and I would think our DBs are better. IMO both the riders and cats have good players in the secondary. Here is how I would break down a comparison of what team is better...

Safety - Riders: Clovis/S.Gordon over Beveridge/Glasper.

HBs - Ticats: Robinson/Thompson over Davis/Patrick.

CBs - Tie: Johnson/Morgan vs. Bradley/L.Gordon.