Just listening to the commissioner on Atlantic Canada

Just listening to the CFL commissioner on the pre game Winnipeg/Lions show on the radio about Atlantic Canada. He thinks it’s going to happen with July 1 being the Coast to Coast bowl number 1 and Labour Day being Coast to Coast Bowl #2. The CFL has a expansion committee working with the Atlantic Canada people. Sounds like it still might be a couple of seasons away but from the way he was talking it appears the nuts and bolts are starting to be put together. Let’s hope this happens.

6 Likes

All we can do is hope!

:crossed_fingers: :pray:

1 Like

Green eggs and ham,

Hi All,

Just a fan in the US who does not know what “Atlantic Canada” is all about. Could someone explain? Thanks!

Oh… and…Go Bombers!

David

Oh... and...Go Bombers!

I don't know you, but I'd like to buy you a beer :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

I am working on getting to Winnipeg next season for business. Working on my local sales rep now and believe me, I will coordinate it with a home game once the 2022 schedule comes out. I will get to see my first CFL game live…and I will be happy to allow you to buy me a beer!

Go Bombers!

David

2 Likes

business? in Winnipeg? You in mosquito repellent sales? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Atlantic Canada is made up of New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. The talk about expanding a team into Atlantic Canada has been an ongoing issue since North America was discovered. LOL!! The big issue is the lack of a proper stadium and in the past politics has always shot it down. The issue is still there but this time their could be room for movement and it could be a done deal. Hope that helps

2 Likes

Curious type of sales are you into, Winnipeg is a very fickle place. Restaurants seam to do well.

1 Like

I am a National Sales Manager for a manufacturing firm in the US. I manage retail sales in the US and Central/Western Canada. I was supposed to be at tonight’s game. Had my ticket, vaccination card and negative COVID test, and my new Bombers jersey arrived before I left. Two days before I was supposed to leave, my local BC rep threw his back out and had to cancel.
So next summer, I plan on working on my Manitoba rep to schedule a sales trip around a Bombers home game…

Go Bombers!
David

2 Likes

Is Newfoundland and Labrador also not part of Atlantic Canada? (I believe so, no?) They aren’t part of the “Maritimes”, but are part of “Atlantic Canada”.

4 Likes

“fickle” - that’s a good description :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Excellent, keep us posted. Best of luck.

1 Like

Would you care to give me another one?
Be nice. :blush:

1 Like

nope. I’ll go with Fickle.

I think it’s in the water :wink:

2 Likes

I work for a US Lighting manufacturer. Not the most exciting industry, but it has provided a good life for me and my family…and it allows me to travel for work, which I then parlay into going to various sporting events during the off hours…

Go Bombers!

David

1 Like

Nothing wrong with lighting. Something that will always be in need!!

And changes in technology and efficiencies will always mean lighting will need to be changed/upgraded = more sales!!!

1 Like

I have a son who’s in sales, I never see him, he moves provence to provence, good $$ but always on the go.

1 Like

Hello,

Thanks for the info. Hope it works out for them. Never been to that part of Canada…

Go Bombers!
David

1 Like

Atlantic Canada is arguably the most beautiful, pristine, untouched natural part of Canada....

and hands down the friendliest Canadians found in this wonderful land.

Just salt of the earth type.

5 Likes