Just don't have much FAITH in this Season!

Ppl beaking off about the Durant deal and had no clue what the issue really was, or didn’t listen to ppl that actually did know, and chose to just rant on Jones.

DD showed some pretty poor character with his comment after the game that they ungraciously won (deserved or not). DD better not worship or pay homage at the alter of the “football gods” or he’ll be sadly disappointed.

I have lost a lot of respect for DD over the past months…he really started the saying stuff to the media thing then was butt hurt when it came back on him in return, then the BS he pulled in the last 10 days of the season which has never come out in media but been talked about here, then CFL week…man that was one of the saddest things I have ever seen and he was the only negative I drew from the entire event, then the “I didn’t want to play for Jones anyways” grow up…yes he did…right up until Jones essentially said ‘you need to stay healthy to get full pay and back up your rather continual comments of “I am still the best QB in the CFL”’ to get your full ask…that one was just FN hilarious and sounded like something a 12 year old would say. I have never had anything but respect for Durant and he is a hell of a nice guy to talk to or hang out with and a solid team leader…I still like him but he handled this entire thing extremely poorly.

[url=http://thestarphoenix.com/sports/football/cfl/saskatchewan-roughriders/victory-was-sweet-for-darian-durant]http://thestarphoenix.com/sports/footba ... ian-durant[/url]

for those who have not seen it

“I wasn’t even focused on it,’’ Durant said Thursday. “I was thinking about my Uncle Mike, who passed, and the football gods. I feel like when you’re treated unfairly, the football gods always remember that. I feel like the football gods came through for myself and my football team in this game. I really believe it.?

No worse than how jones handled it from what I see in the news

Sorry mate…Durant fired the first shots in the media. Does that mean that Jones should have retaliated…no…but don’t pretend that Durant was some innocent little angel in this.

So the first game was pretty good scheme wise but THE PENALTIES, man what does it take to get these players to play by the rules!!
Starting right up where we left off last season with "Undisciplined Play"
Jeez :cowboy:

I have lost a lot of respect for DD over the past months...he really started the saying stuff to the media thing then was butt hurt when it came back on him in return, then the BS he pulled in the last 10 days of the season which has never come out in media but been talked about here,
[/quote]

[/quote]
Care to elaborate? Inquiring minds would like to know the BS that happened the last 10 days of the season. :slight_smile:

[/quote]
Care to elaborate? Inquiring minds would like to know the BS that happened the last 10 days of the season. :slight_smile:
[/quote]
It has been discussed on here some…and no…I don’t feel like rehashing it all.

Well Drew Willy backing up DD again. Full Circle.
Guess a job's a job. :cowboy:

I think he is actually backing up his backup, or possibly his backup’s backup lol

Newsome signs in ottawa

Yup…good on him. Good player who deserves more opportunities. Was looking forward to a good season from him…second year of the new DE position and was looking like he really upped his game. Unfortunate it was not worked out…it could have been but was a perfect storm of non-play related issues. Hope he does well with the fresh start…wish he was still here.

Well after watching Hamilton try to match Rider play I feel the team has definitely made a turn.
Very good game with only a few major screw ups
Score could have been higher if Glen wouldn't have thrown behind Demski.
Best game so far. :cowboy:

As good as we looked against Hamilton, we looked really bad against a West opponent. If the league were full of Hamilton calibre teams, we'd be right in the mix, but in reality, we are barely better than Hamilton, and we are probably the 2 non-playoff teams for 2017 unless something changes, and fast.

I just do not see any improvement in consistency and disciplined play.
Things are not improving that can be confirmed by WINS is exactly my point.
I don't see this Rider team, all of a sudden winning games.
I'll believe it when "I see it", for this season anyway :cowboy:

FWIW I ain't got much faith in next season either, not with the status quo anyway.

Would love to see a DC.......NEXT GAME! Then maybe some slight resemblance of a dim light.

I blame this on Jones, all we needed was a revamped D, he destroyed everything... I never wanted him here, don't like him, never will even if we get a cup... Jones is the cancer here... this team sucks there are some bright spots but not many... again, cheap money cheap players, cheap team!!

I think its still early for this level of discord, however we’re getting close. Admittedly, when we hired him (and Murphy) I didn’t know a whole lot about them. Just that they were supposedly hotshots in their respective roles, and Jones was fresh off coaching a pretty dominant Eskimo team. Sounded like a plan to me.

Quickly though, with the deals he was making, and moreso the mistakes he was making, I developed a lack of trust in his judgement. AS it turns out, yeah, that gut feeling back then was probably right. I think what we are seeing with him is the “peter principle” in action. He’s been promoted beyond his capabilities, and its adversely affecting the things he’s actually good at, like being a DC.

I’m still at an over/under of 8 wins on the season for his retention or not. Its looking though, like he’s not going to make it.

If we get those back-to-back Winnipeg wins, plus take another off hapless Hamilton, get fired up for Montreal late in the year, that makes 4. Toronto next weekend is 5. Jeez, we are going to have to win against some of the big 3 in the west to do it. I just don’t know.

Wow, when I see the projected necessity to even get close, it's in reality staggering!
Any massive come back at this point would definitely be one for the books.
Keep in mind, every other team is getting better also, given the Riders are slower to progress (given no wins), they have to now be feeling the "catch up" pressure.

IMO the Riders need to win a couple straight at least, Right now.
Other wise its likely we'll be saying "they were close" all season long.
At this point one can only hope for the come back of the ages. :cowboy:

I agree that the Rider's are looking pretty grim and TSN's Chris Schultz's prediction in week 1 that the Riders will be last in the league seems to hold a lot of weight. It don't appear that Jones was the quick solution to building a competitive team in his 2'nd year, and doubt if he'll make a huge difference in another year. Craig Reynolds and management must also accept some of the heat with the decision making and how they awarded titles and contracts to there God of the future Jones. So the million dollar question is how do you fix a wreck that was suppose to fix the last wreck that won't bankrupt the whole organization. Can an organization like the Riders, since were forced to pay Jones just strip his powers and sideline him, perhaps he could do some push-ups like he made his Edmonton players. That is if by chance there was another great HC willing to take a stab at building a winning team in Sask within another 2-3 years. Sorry about my bit of a rant but as we move onward poorly why are we not at least trying to provide some game experience to a young quarter back and at least have something to show for it. Providing he can throw the ball over his shoulder as he runs for his life, lol.