JUST A THOUGHT!---->take a look BOB

so, bob if something of this nature would be able to commence would you be willing to match all contributions?

Much as I enjoy debating strategy with everyone here, this is one topic that I cannot even speculate on. It is just too sensitive - beyond acknowledging the obvious, namely that Ivor Wynne is showing its age and needs significant new investment.

As to matching contributions, how 'bout we start by you guys matching the contributions that have been made to date: refinancing the team, the scoreboard etc...?

;-) ;-)

bob, you've done it again! You have this habit of trying to introduce logic into a thread that is obviously thriving on emotion and silly positions.

Your contributions have been the saving of our entire football legacy. Any call for MORE than you have already given, is ridiculous in the extreme.

As to matching contributions, how 'bout we start by you guys matching the contributions that have been made to date: refinancing the team, the scoreboard etc...?
regarding this i believe that as fans, and paying customers, that every game that we attend and every item we purchase at games is, in a way , us contributing to the teams.i did not start this to have sarcastic remarks being made but to address a MAJOR concern.
Your contributions have been the saving of our entire football legacy. Any call for MORE than you have already given, is ridiculous in the extreme.
regarding this quote: correct me if i am wrong: it is upto the business owner to constantly invest in their venture, in order to improve all aspects of the businesses success.tim hortons COMPLETELY renovate each store every 7 years, at the expensive of the franchise owner.. i am not discrediting bob at all , he has done wonders here BUT, as a paying customer at his business, i do believe that either improvements need to be made at the stadium or a new one built.i gave a suggestion that would allow bob, the city of hamilton and all ticat fans an oportunity to display how seriously devoted to the cats they are.

I think the team is still on the hook for maknig us sit through 48-0

If you were renting a house and its roof started leaking, or the plumbing had a major problem, are you going to fix it (at your expense), or are you going to contact the owners to fix it at their expense?

I believe we can't expect Bob to do much more than he has already done, and now it's up to the owners of IWS (=city of Hamilton=us)to pay for extensive/expensive renovations of IWS, or a new stadium.
Unless, of course, if Bob were to build his own stadium and rent it out, but other than the Ticats, what other major sports team would have the money to rent it? Please don't tell me about major rock/music acts because there are issues with Toronto and its size, etc. that come into play when rock, etc. acts sign up to play in the Toronto/Hamilton area. I just can't see the Rolling Stones playing Hamilton.

how bout making all the 50 / 50 draws go towards a new stadium. i know its not that much but its a start.