June 7th Open House

Just got this email from the Ti-Cats

CARSTAR COMMUNITY OPEN HOUSE TO KICK OFF 2015 HAMILTON TIGER-CATS SEASON

TIM HORTONS FIELD OPENS ITS DOORS FOR FREE FAMILY FESTIVAL OF FOOTBALL AND MUSIC

The Hamilton Tiger Cats are inviting the entire TigerTown community to Tim Hortons Field on Sunday, June 7 to kick off the 2015 season with a celebration of football, food and music in their spectacular new home. The CARSTAR Community Open House will be an opportunity to watch the team practice, to get autographs from current Tiger-Cats players and Ticats alumni, and to enjoy a live performance by country music artist Chad Brownlee presented by Boots & Hearts. The event will run from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., and admission is free.

The Tiger-Cats are coming off consecutive appearances in the Grey Cup and are expected to be title contenders again in 2015. They bring a perfect 7-0 home record into Tim Hortons Field this year, including a 40-24 playoff victory over Montreal to win the East Division title last November. The CARSTAR Community Open House precedes the Tiger-Cats home preseason game against Ottawa on Monday, June 8.

Following the Tiger-Cats practice, the players will remain on the field and guests will be invited down to obtain autographs and meet the players. Brownlee, an award-winning singer, songwriter and former NHL draft pick, will then take the stage. Since the release of his 2010 debut album, Brownlee has rocked the charts with multiple Top 10 hits on Canadian country radio. In 2014 he released his latest album The Fighters, and is fresh off of his first headlining national tour “When the Lights Go Down” and will be performing at Boots and Hearts this August.

More information about the CARSTAR Community Open House at Tim Hortons Field is available at Ticats.ca

I wish this "open house" would include a full stadium tour. I believe this was offered to season ticket holders last year, if they purchased tickets to games at McMaster.

No one from this team answers posts/tweets on social media (it happens rarely).

Maybe we need a tour guide to show us the way to the Tiger-Cats Chat, our forum, from the new ticats.ca homepage.
Hint - there is a menu that opens up from the gold 'Menu' box on the top left, but its link to the ticats forum is broken.

Oskee wee wee

The link to this forum from the ticats.ca home page has been fixed overnight, and no tour guide to the web is required.
The Argos don't get their new owners until after the 2015 season, but we got our new look web page fixed right away!

Thanks and Oskee wee wee

Perhaps, we could have a video of Vanna White on the homepage pointing to the Menu icon…

steve milton ?@miltonatthespec 5m5 minutes ago
Carstar Open House at #THF Sunday 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. open practice free to fans, likes of DiPietro, Zuger, Ealey, Browne to autograph #CFL

Excellent idea! :thup:

It won’t be much of a practice. It’s a walk through for the Ottawa game the next night.

8) Are you going Earl ???
 Since you have never been inside THF, this is your chance.....since it is free !!!    <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

If Earl does indeed go…he won’t be very hard to spot…he’ll be the old guy wearing a double blue jersey :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

Jumpin ship eh Earl?

Very funny guys, hmmm.... You know me, sometimes I have a habit, probably not the best habit, of thinking aloud.

Stop complaining lol. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve never seen a “walk through” before, so this will be of interest to me. :rockin:

Hope i can get out of there before the music , Can We Get Some Rock and Roll @ THF ? lol PLZZZZ :rockin:

Walk thru
Gable and Grigsby side by side in fore ground

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CG6IOBjWcAEyfPb.jpg

On field autograph session after walk thru

Time has been very good to Mr Chuck Ealey! He looks fantastic at 65 yrs! :thup:

http://cfl-scrapbook.no-ip.org/images/Ealy.Chuck-Ham.JPG

I couldn’t make it. Thank you for the pictures, Grover!!

It’s good to put a face to the handle!

Andy is a popular guy!
Scott Gardner ?@Scottatthespec 1m1 minute ago
Ticat Andy Fantuz swarmed by fans after free public practice

Speedy B is popular too!

https://igcdn-photos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/t51.2885-15/11252471_871025036311415_476120178_n.jpg

And of course Zack

https://igcdn-photos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t51.2885-15/11419299_827050440697262_564605186_n.jpg

Went to the open house today, super job TiCats and what a stadium I must say. :thup: Looked first class to me all the way as this was my first visit. My wife wants one of those club seats with access to the Champions Lounge. Of course her wants are too high as usual.

Went to the upper row on each side. And yes, you can see the bayfront from there as well as the escarpment of course. It'll be good when that prison looking Scott Park school is completely down.

Thanks to the TiCats and sponsors for this, both my wife and myself enjoyed it and thanks for the free food!

And it's cool to see the stadium and area in a residential area. Yes, it's been said a million times by just about everyone and their uncle it's not the best place for a stadium but I will admit, it sure just seems to work right there on the site a stadium as been for so many decades. In the middle of the city. Cool actually and then when the LRT happens, very cool.