July 31 Tiger-Cats @ Roughriders Postgame Thread

Agreed. But in this game…Bauman dropped only one and so did a number of other receivers. In fact…Mann and Stalla tipped them into the defenders hands. So my point would be to have a little less hate on for Bauman. He only dropped one and he only had one pass to him (as far as I can recall). They need to get him and the other receivers the ball more often. That lone win against Winnipeg, Glenn spread the ball to everyone (except Winnipeg). The game plan was well executed. Whereas tonight??? Gibson remembers that he has someone named Thigpen so what does Gibson do? After Thigpen runs back a kick off…he has the ball handed to him two times in a row. The guy was out of gas. Stupid stupid play calling there.

Bring Back Don Sutherin than and make Marshall the Head Coach, I'm tired of this Un-motivated approach to football we have in Marcel B. the guy had his chance, he came up on the losing end, now give someone else a try. This team needs to Win and Win bad or it will be another year gone by AGAIN and AGAIN. LOSING is very contagious the CATS have made a career out of it in the past ten years, it's time to turn it around NOW, waiting until Labour Day is TOOO LATE!!!!

TRY AND WIN A GAME TI-CATS!!!!

Not to nitpick, but why isn’t Shivers in the “ugly” section? :slight_smile:

And Gibson seemed to be getting it right in the first half. We even pointed that out in the game thread. Though being able to establish a ground game seemed to help. Was wondering why we did not see more Thiggy there, though.

Good first post. There definitely are some things that need to be corrected, and hopefully this loss will lead to necessary corrections being made. And at least we got out games in Montreal and Saskatchewan out of the way for this season. It sure is hard to beat those to teams in their houses.

Yes, Bauman had only the one pass thrown his way. But this is what we see from him when he’s given an opportunity. I understand he’ll be a free agent after this season. How many more chances will he get?

If Canadian kickers are a dime a dozen, why isn't there another one in here???

Bauman is toast. :thdn:

Palardy is toast. :thdn:

Shivers, despite playing "okay" a couple of games, was back to his first game whippings. We can't afford inconsistent play in our defensive backfield, or anywhere else for that matter. :thdn:

The D played well, but couldn't make the big stop when we needed them to most. We had the Riders 2nd and 10 several times and let them make first downs. When they are down, step on their throat.

AB3...wow! :thup:

Cobb...much better, as was the offensive line. :thup:

We aren't as bad as everyone may think, but we have to win our next few in a row for sure.

Yea… because they AREN’T trying to win a game… sheesh

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Hey we had some standout performances tonight, but the Calvillo curse still lives on in the Hammer. We easily could have pulled this one out but when it came down to it, the blocked punt, and the two bobbled passes cost us the game once again…lets go out and blow out the bummers to get some wind back in our sails…

Sorry K/P...

But, we have have been to two (2) Grey Cups since AC left...and we have won one.

If there's a curse...his nickname is "Caretaker". (Kidding Bob) :wink:

Thats absolutely true hendy, but look what hes done in the past 10 years for montreal and look how little hamilton has done in the past 10 years....not bad for a guy that was told he couldnt cut it in the CFL by the former riders QB...

Well, truth be told...he was awful here and wasn't about to un-seed D_Mac as out starter.

He didn't un-seed Tracy Ham as the starter in Montreal either. He held a lot of clip boards before he got his big chance.

With that said, he's had more than enough attempts...but "only" two rings.

I don’t know if he was told he couldn’t cut it. I think Calvillo’s release may have had more to do with his salary. I understand he was already being paid more or less like a starting QB, and the team could not afford to pay that much to a backup.

But speaking of QBs, Glenn played very well. Here are his numbers:

PASSING CP/AT YDS TD INT
K. GLENN 31/45 425 3 2*

Notice the asterisk beside his INT total. :slight_smile:

And check out these numbers:

Our totals on offence:

Passing (comp/att/yds) 31/45/425
Receiving (rec/yds) 31/425
Rushing (att/yds) 14/67
Total Yards 473
Sacks Allowed 0
Turnovers 3

Theirs:

Passing (comp/att/yds) 21/35/270
Receiving (rec/yds) 21/270
Rushing (att/yds) 21/102
Total Yards 366
Sacks Allowed 1
Turnovers 1

Yes, our offence gained more ground than that powerful Rider offence did. But those turnovers hurt.

That’s quite a guarantee. . . does the name Avon Cobourne mean anything to you ?

Man I love my cats and those stats just make my stomach turn! Turnovers didn't help eh? It doesn't help that my GF is from Saskatoon either :thdn: Anyway, AB3 has found his stride, we really need a blowout now against the bummers!

A blowout would be nice but I wouldn’t bet on it. Unfortunately the Bombers are not that bad.

Thanks for all the comments guys...they gave me a sense of what I missed.
I was not able to watch the game tonight.

couldnt of said it any better. we should not be happy with a 1 point lead but we always are…

Suds is too old and part of Coaching Staff of waterloo
I don’t know if could be here or if he under contract Still.

Yup, I wasn’t impressed with that at all.I thought because they were electing to take the ball at the 35 after the SSK FG that they were trying to save clock to drive down the field.Instead we do a running play.Okay, nice gain, maybe NOW we’ll pass.Nope , running play again.Only enough time for a home run shot but we all know MB doesn’t have the balls.Oh, they passed it.Cute lil’ 25 yard gain… just one problem… THE CLOCK RAN TO ZERO!!! GOOD JOB! :roll:

Another let down. Man I'm getting sick of this.
Why do they always seem to be so lackadaisical? They always seem to do what the other team does in the 1st half, weather it be 2 and outs,touch downs or field goals and then in the 2nd half the other team seems to adjust and then the Cats just come out and play.....well lackadaisical.
Its so frustrating.
I don;t think M.B should be fired YET but it would be nice to see him show some emotion on the sidelines instead of just clapping when ever a bad play is made.

You’re right on with these observations and comments. And, of course, they did it again with 3 and half mins. left in the game. 16 pts. down (two 8-pt. TD’s shy of overtime) and they concede a single on the long SSK. kickoff. Dumb, dumb, dumb! Which is the better choice – start out at the 35 with no chance at all of winning the game, or start out even at just the 1 yd. line with, slim as it might be, still a chance? Their choice was referred to, in complete amazement, twice by Duane Ford on the telecast. That decision was wavin’ the white flag for sure. Obie: It’s time!

The Riders are tough to beat at home, but I think the Cats proved that they have the talent to beat anyone. Some changes do need to be made though. Why not replace Shivers with Bradley for the time being?