July 10th @ BC

3 weeks try 5. Every game they have had the lead and every game the same thing Total bust by the defense. Where is the pass rush? Hall is ghost and sorry Chick has been too. What about George? These guys need to step it up, not now. not right now, but right fecking now.

This is the defense that led the league in sacks last year? Hardly. How many picks do we have this year? Any? How many fumbles have we caused? Any? I honestly can’t recall the defense getting a turnover. Hell I would be happy if they could just get the ball back on downs. Oh wait they can’t do that either.

I love this team to death but if they keep playing at this rate it may be the death of me.

Chamblin has struggled to close out games in his 3 plus years as head coach. Our teams have always lacked that killer instinct. Hopefully they find it, or it could be a long season.

As good as Glenn can be, I wish DD was playing!! gonna be a long season me thinks!

LOL it wouldn’t matter if you had a clone of Warren Moon, Doug Flutie, Joe Montana and Jesus Christ all combined as the qb if your defense play this lame azz ,open the doors and let them walk into the end zone in under a minute when you have an eleven point lead you ain’t gonna win.

OMG!! This D is a joke!! Up by 11 with 2:21 left in the game, brutal!!!! Biggest joke in the CFL :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn:

If Chamblin wants to run his D like this in the last few minutes he is going to have to go.
That was a rough call spot on the 3rd down gamle...but it was the right call to go for it. Not going for the 1 in OT was disgusting....dont care that you just got stuffed
Your RBs are fricken OWNING the like...GIVE THEM THE DAMNED BALL...FN IDIOTIC....UNFNREAL
OL....Cmon...playing WAY better than Iwas anticipated but these penalties have to stop...it is beyond rediculous! What do you suppose the record is for TDs getting called back because of a Major penalty in a season?
I don't think Maze can play zone. Awesome Man coverage...not sold at all on zone
No idea why Carter is getting into the secondary. Is that a joke? If he is going in it has to be safety...he is simply not good enough
No sacks but the D played well, 2 minutes of absolute crap aside. Again...wrong guys in there at that time...either horrid playcalling or guys who simply are not meant to be out there...reference Carter who is a teams guy...nothing more

Carter when in after Jackson got shaken up on the sideline tackle. not sure they had much choice. Yes Maze did not look good in that td he allowed. Letting a defender get behind you when you have the lead and the clock ticking down is a cardinal sin.

We need to be looking at the NFL camps and lining up perspective candidates for the defensive backfield. Not sold on the Dline either using a Canadian if he isn’t good enough to get the job done. Get someone in that can allow Hall and Chick not to be double teamed and get some GD heat on the qb .

What about Webster? Was he out there? Carter is not good enough. They need to cut ties with one of the Nationals on the DL...they can't carry 8 fricken DLmen on the 46...horrid roster management all going back to moving Foley. Try to move one, if you cant PR or cut...unfortunate but they Fd up. Package one of them and Emry for a pick

At the end of the day this team is FINDING ways to lose...and most of it goes back onto the coaches...

• Destroying on the run...QB keeper
  • Piss poor roster management with the Nation depth on the DL...17% of your 46 to 4 p[ositions...really? FOUR backup DL, 1 OL...Really? A rookie backing up a rookie...Really?
  • Was too soft of a prevent D
  • Not getting it through the players heads to not go for the ball if they are in prevent with a lead and nobody else cheating to their zone.
  • Undisciplined penalties time and time again...especially on the OL and a few to many illegal contacts on the secondary
  • kicking on 3rd and inches in OT

Chamblin wears all 3 of these losses...they are all on him.

I wonder if Richie Hall is just sitting back and laughing his ass off?
You'd think if the D is shitting the bed in the last minute, someone would call a time-out and re-group? Stop the momentum for a minute then have a guy go down for another minute, something, ANYTHING, geez!!!

I can see a locker room divided soon. CC putting it on players and not an ounce on the staff will not sit well. Players are giving polite little PC responses to media at this point. It seems they are discontent with how things are being managed, on D anyways…sometimes what a player doesnt say says more than what he does…sometimes he says what he has to simply to appease the media and not get hauled into the office and potentially benched. Time for the D to have a closed door meeting and then have one voice sit with the DC and HC…if they dont listen, you go to the GM or Oday. This is where coaches can change mid season…if they wont listen and lose their team.

Question...I have not actually seen the game on TV...on the late 3rd down gamble I knew right away that his momentum was stopped so the fumble should probably be overturned (and was), but I also thought he made it and had a pretty darned good view of the play...did they get it right? I know if it is super close they are not going to overturn...I get that and think it was very close, but my spot on view put this as made by about 1/2 a football...which I can understand is a coin-flip call on replay

The biggest thing I take from the not going for it in OT and taking the field goal is this says two things about how Chamblin thinks about this team. 1 he has no confidence in the offense by not gambling even though other then the other 3rd down gambled failed (which was a terrible call by whoever anyways) the run game was having success. 2 he believed his defense could hold the Lions to at worse a field goal even though they have not been able to stop any team when needed in any of the 5 previous games this year.

This sends a very bad message to the whole team. On offense he is saying right from Chappy on down through all the players that they can’t or he doesn’t believe they can do it. On the defensive side he is saying keep doing what your doing and I will support you no matter what.

That is not being a head coach but rather a coordinator. Its the head coaches job to have faith in both sides doing their job equally and especially not favor the one side that has had zero success.

Taman must sit down with Cory and lay it on the table. Either coach both sides of the ball fairly or step down as head coach.
With the way Cory has run the defense I doubt I would offer him the defensive coordinators position either.

I would be talking to Lapo and feel him out on taking over as I just have a bad feeling that this team is in real trouble right now. Not very often does it go well changing especially head coaches during the season but if things don’t take a complete turn in the next 3 games then it may be a necessary evil and make the change. At least that way Lapo or whoever they decide on ( if they called Benevides I would fire Taman) could have the rest of the season to make the adjustments needed to the team for next season.

Now I’m not writing off the season just yet but as I say they have to be at least at 500 by Labor day or so close to a playoff spot and showing signs of vast improvement that making a change would kill any chance of making the post season. If they lose the next 3 games then that is all she wrote for Cory’s time with the Riders. Fans would demand the change and with very good reason for doing so.

Pretty much...the thing that is disappointing is that this team should be at minimum 2-1 and possibly 3-0. Sure...guys didn't execute when needed...but a huge part of that is on the decision making. I have rarely seen such a black and white situation. Chamblin is a D first D second D third coach...I think he has the ability to be an excellent HC even though he was a subpar coordinator. If this team sees 0-5 he will be toast...especially if the losses keep reflecting on him. The 1st game I let it slide because it really came down to pisspoor tackling. This D held the Lions out of the endzone a lot...they deserve a huge kudos for that...but down the stretch it was just bad. I understand sometimes an O just wins it with their play late...not in this case imo...it was pathetic play calling. This team does have the makings to be very good...they have proven they can be in a position to win each game. They play BC again next week...if he doesn't pull off a win I would personally be looking for his replacement. I guy like Lapo could come in to this team and do well...he might make a move at DC...not sure...but I think he would leave O be for the most part and just talk about some minor things there. Beyond Lapo I can not think of anyone I would consider bringing in mid season...and that is if he is even still interested.

I watched it on T.V. My opinion was that he got the yardage, but I was also looking with Rider Fan Eyes, so who knows…

Honestly I don’t think there was enough evidence to say if he made it or not. The point is that it never even should have been close.

thanks gingersnap

yeah...like i said...figured it was made but close enough to be very hard to overrun...I can understand that. The QB keeper was not a bad call, simply not the best call. Smith is 6-3...you would think picking up half a yard would be almost a given, and against another LB crew it likely is.

There were other factors I found questionable in this game. BC tried hard to lose this game…for instance, why did Tedford accept the Rider penalty on our last drive on a 1st down? BC needed clock time and this just gave the Riders another down to wind down the clock, which they didn’t do a good job of. Also, with 13 seconds left in regulation we have the ball on the 35. We didn’t even try one play for 30 yards to set up a field goal attempt? We had the ball and decided our best course of action was to kneel down and HOPE we win the toss in overtime? Hope is not a plan.
Our defence is questionable yes, but where were the blitzes? We looked sooooo vanilla on defence. I’ll give kudos for the punishing hits they laid out.
On the other hand, if it weren’t for about 4-5 plays over the last three games, we’d be 3-0.
Now the rematch…

stop the clock or put them in a harder to convert situation…really a personal preference. With that much time on the clock I can understand accepting the penalty to make it harder to convert…under a minute left, not so much. This puts them more in a situation where they have to pass on a down as 2 runs kills only 1/2 the time remaining…plus you have a timeout so potentially only 20 seconds. Probably a smart call IMO…Idda probably done the same.

13 seconds left…I agree…one of many bad calls. HELL…if you are going to do nothing let someone try a return

The claim is that the blitzing is down because there are so many rookies on D and they can’t read it properly yet…that might have some merrit, but you need to throw some in there so that they can learn…you learn little from not trying

I have to respectfully but BIG TIME disagree.

If the ball were 10 yards or so further up the field I might have considered going for it, but if the play fails BC is in FG range. If the ball were outside of BC FG range then at least you give your D a chance to stop them from gaining FG range.

If there was say a 1:20 left on the clock rather than 42 seconds or whatever it was, then I might consider gambling because if the play fails and the Lions score on the following possession, you probably still get the ball back.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, if the lead was MORE THAN 3 POINTS, I would have definitely gone for it because if the play fails, BC needs to drive half the field for a TD.

As we saw, the play failed. And BC ensuing possession went about as well as Sask’s D could hope for. 3 plays later it was 3rd and 10. So Sask’s D had no realistic chance to save the 3 point lead. Why would you risk putting them in that situation?

In that specific situation it is not about whether or not you believe in your guys to make it, it is about the COST IF YOU FAIL. 99% of the time, the cost if you fail is not that high. In this 1% situation, the WIN was on the line. Remember, you are putting the WIN at risk of a dropped snap or a bad spot by the officials, or just an inspired 1 time great play by a linebacker etc …

When I saw them set the sticks I said, PUNT THAT BALL, but then when Brett came on with the short yardage team I was like, GOD they better frickin get this yard. All I could think abut was 2007 ESF Jim Popp goes for it 3rd and 2 feet on his own 45 with 40ish seconds left and a 2 point lead. I thought that there was no way that he would risk handing Winnipeg field goal range in the last minute with a 2 point lead. he did, they failed and Winnipeg went on to the Grey Cup. Same dumb mistake happened here. PUNT THAT BALL!!

Myself I would have gone for it in the OT, but I do understand that if they fail there they lose the game so … but I still think they should have gone for it.

What pissed me off more than the OT gamble was kneeling out on the 35 with 15 seconds left in a tie game. Why not take a shot at FG range? You only need 35ish yards from there and you might even be able to run 2 plays before kicking. Just take a shot, they probably rush 3 if it’s not there throw it out of bounds, no interception and stop the clock.