JR working out again

Anyway...as I said I don't believe JR will factor greatly into their plans as they need more speed imo. With this injury he'll be limited and I thought he lost more than a step over the past 1.5 seasons

If Popp wants to go pounding the run and spend more on defense as HFX says Popp's has stated then JR may have more of a chance, if his salary is greatly reduced.

But I haven't heard or been able to read that personally. So I don't believe that Montreal will commit a roster spot for him this year.

I wish him

Obviously he will have to show that he's 100 percent healthy or well on his way or the Als will have no choice but to release him. This is based on a full recovery by July. If you look at last season. ACL surgery did not scare off Popp with Whitaker. I doubt Jim would cut Jamel's pay. He has a year left on his deal and has been loyal.

:P On that subject has anyone heard from Senior Nick Lewis ?

YAC yards is one thing. TD’s is another.

As for Popp, do not recall hearing or reading anything about wanting to change the style of offense.
Besides, does Popp even know how to run an offense?! No OC to give him any suggestions/ideas right now. :wink:

The one thing that worries me is the type of injury he has. ACLs are notorious for taking oodles of time to heal properly and even then...

As we saw with Whitaker, and as we have seen even in other sports, this injury is also notorious for re-injury. Whitaker seemed to be doing well at first, but... With both of them out for the season, the Als' chances of success went south quickly.

So, JRich not only has to be 100% healthy, but he must also be able to perform at 100%. That means getting separation (mobility), YAC, making contested catches, and, of course, TDs!

Now, the question is - will that be the case by TC 2014? I am rather skeptical. A competitive athlete like JRich is almost certainly going to tell the coaching staff - "put me in, coach", but before they do that they must ensure all of the above.

Another question is London. Will he be able to perform? Last season was rather pathetic and left us wondering about his future. We still have Duron Carter, SJ, Jennings and other weapons, but what has been the secret of the Als' success over the last decade and referred to by the play-by-lay broadcasters as "so many weapons". With multiple threats, the opposing D is always on the hook.

Will we have "so many weapons" in 2014? Remains to be seen!

I'm not too worried about the receivers. Sure there are question marks age for Bruce, recovery for JR and focus issues with London no question but who had heard of Carter ? There are quality guys waiting for their opportunity Wallace, Clowney,Carrier and I'm sure there will be a few more at camp. If the Als want they can even draft a kid like Devon Bailey.

On the NI side for the first time we are seeing an EFFORT by Popp to improve that position. Graves and Bamba are being developed. Chris Dobko an excellent possession receiver was signed from the Dinos. They've signed Stala

Between Carter and Green. We have two of the best receivers in the league and certainly capable of 1000 yard plus season next season.

We have four good running backs, two are NI.

The question is who will be able to design a quality offense ?

Je ne crois pas qu’il s’agisse de devoir le prouver, mais plutôt d’être clair entre ce qui est une supposition et ce qui rapporte de propos réellement tenus.

Je me le suis fait reprocher par quelqu’un qui me disait que ce serait bon si je donnais mes sources de temps à autre… :wink:

If I start a thread which means I start a discussion based on an article. I post it. If I find something that may be of interest I paste it. But I don’t expect anyone to go digging things that were written or now with multimedia go try to find a video or a radio clip from weeks or days ago to please someone who isn’t even an Als fan on the Als forum.

These “little fun and games” cost us Discipline and Punish who is an Als fans and was IMO one of the most solid “contributor” to this forum. My view of a discussion forum. Is this is not a court and people are free to express their views, opinions and make whatever statements they make as long as they are not purposely lying. Do I like and believe everything that is written. HELL NO :slight_smile:

Absolument. Le forum est une tribune de DISCUSSION, pas un site de journalisme professionnel. En ce sens, il est essentiellement l’expression de nos opinions et états d’âme au sujet des Alouettes et du football.

Bien sûr, il est souhaitable que nous puissions appuyer ce que nous estimons être des propos que nous rapportons, mais de là à en faire un critère à ce point prioritaire qu’on doive s’abstenir d’exprimer des opinions en-dehors de ce qui est citable, ce serait dénaturer le forum.

Il n’y a rien de mal à spéculer sur ce que quelqu’un peut penser ou ne pas penser, seulement on a avantage à faire preuve de clarté sur le fait qu’on spécule ou si ce qu’on exprime est une réalité avérée. Dans un cas comme dans l’autre, c’est tout de même pousser un peu le bouchon que de faire d’une simple équivoque un scandale.

The problem with stating something out of left field without attribution is that you might start to question other statements from the contributor. There is the risk of loss of credibility.

It`s like reading a reference book and finding a couple of errors. All of a sudden you have doubts about the rest of the book.

Nobody here is always right even Richard :slight_smile: and because it is written in a blog, twitt or newspaper article does not mean it is correct. You do your best to participate in a forum like this and you should use your judgement and engage, correct in a collegiate spirit. In particular with football where misdirection is part of the fabric of the business :wink:

And in this thread who is not engaging in a collegial manner?
Just to recap…you stated popp said something that may have changed the discussion.
You were simply asked where and when you saw this.
Response could have been simple:
I heard it in a report
I read it in the newspaper
“I read it on a blog”
" I don’t know"
“heres the link”
'I made it up"
Not a matter of right and wrong. Its very simple.

So we are here. And please lets not use misdirection and attack. Nothing to do with why someone chose to label others as idiots and be called out. Or talking through the hat. I think I’m just stating facts in this discussion.

I've come up with a fix. I am no longer going to link to anything and I'm going to create a big disclaimer in my sig.

I've come up with a fix. I am no longer going to link to anything and I'm going to create a big disclaimer in my sig.

Why not just be accurate to the best of your ability? Or without embellishments? Simple to post what you know is a fact or an opinion. Just state that. No? Why the issue?

This post was made by slant who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

Bliss 8)

SVP, serait-il possible de passer à autre chose, plutôt que pousser le bouchon jusqu’à briser la bouteille? Tout le monde a compris votre idée aussi il n’est donc pas nécessaire d’en rajouter 10 couches.