Josh Boden

I read today in the spec that the cats signed Josh Boden,Canadian receiver,I remember him having a couple of good games with the Lions last year..
maybe a good pickup.???

Not trying to stir anything up or anything...but had the Argos signed either Keith or Boden, both of whom have had scapes with the law, this forum would be filled with comments about how the Argos are fellons, etc...

Didn't know Boden has/had trouble with the law..
what did he do?

not ALL argos are fellons..lol :wink:

gil: great way to start a negative response. :frowning:
Surely there must be something positive about the two signings you could post?

Keith is a great rb & Boden is a great young athlete who can be a great player. I was not trying to be negative, every team in every sport has players make wrong decisions or be in the wrong place at the wrong time away from the game. I seem to see the Argos get beat up quickly whenever they sign a player with a "past"...& they have signed their share for sure.

Its funny how people still think Kenton Keith is a trouble maker, the only trouble he got into was the charges against him for not leaving a night club parking lot in Indianapolis. Those charges were DROPPED which means he did not do anything wrong.

As for Josh Boden, I really don't know him so I'm not sure what kind of trouble he has gotten into. If he is a changed man and focuses on playing football I have no problem with him but if he continues to mess up than I say we send him packing just like Wally did in BC.

But just let me say again Kenton Keith is NOT! a "felon" like the blue team loves to sign. Felons are people who are charged and convicted of a crime. Kenton Keith may have been charged in Indianapolis but they were dropped because of no wrong doing on Keith's behalf.

Before other folks pounce on you for not including this, the most serious allegations against Keith were in relation to an altercation at a nightclub in Regina, where a bouncer was struck in the head with a bottle. In that case, the charges against Keith were stayed in 2007.

He was hit with a list of charges including misdemeanor counts of disorderly conduct, resisting law enforcement, public intoxication and contributing to the delinquency of a minor, because he was rolling with a 19-year-old guy at the club according to police.

Don't forget the charge of beating a nightclub bouncer in Sask. and Why oh Why does a RB who rushes for over 500 yards last year in the NFL not get an invite to even a NFL practice roster??
Sounds a little fishy.

And as for Bolden, Bob O'b indicated that he had had some maturity issues.
He is not yet 22 years old, and played in the league at 19.
He could be a diamond in the rough.

I'm sorry about overlooking his other past troubles but I am still sticking by what I have said...

Sure he got in some trouble, BUT to be called a "felon" when he has not been convicted or charged for any of the problems is just unfair to Kenton and classing him with players like Micheal Vick, Ricky Williams, and David Boston.

We say stuff like Toronto signs all these "felons" not only because of pure hate for the blue team but because they are actually signing players that have been convicted or charged with a crime!

Now I do believe in giving people second chances and all that stuff but when the blue team signs guys like Ricky Williams(suspended 4 times for drugs) and David Boston(A couple DUI charges) that is why we always call out the blue team for signing "felons" and looking past their multiple off-field problems in desperation that these guys aka "felons" will get them more wins.

blackndgld said

Why oh Why does a RB who rushes for over 500 yards
last year in the NFL not get an invite to even a NFL practice roster??

Sounds a little fishy.

Regarding blackndgld's dismissive crack.

Kenton got a call from Houston this weekend but
he had made a verbal commitment to coming here

so he passed up a chance to earn a spot on
an NFL team's practice roster for $5,200 a week

and the sky is the limit down the road.

P.S.

Marcel Bellefeuille was an assistant coach in 2003
in Kenton's first year with the Saskatchewan Riders

an mentored him through a couple immature years
and obviously he doesn' think he will be a problem.

Kenton got a call from Houston this weekend but he had made a verbal commitment to coming here

so he passed up a chance to earn a spot on
an NFL team’s practice roster for $5,200 a week

and the sky is the limit down the road.

Wow, if that is true it shows a lot of character. Good on Kenton! :thup:

Another name that can be added to your list is Reggie Rodgers, a former NFL 1st round pick who played in Detroit before playing on the Ti-Cat d-line in the early 90's.

It is completely true, this is what it said in the Spectator it is the last paragraph...

http://www.thespec.com/Sports/Local%20Sports/article/439635

"Keith was supposed to work out for the Houston Texans Sunday, but did not want to renege on his verbal agreement to join the Cats."

ticatsattack started another thread on
a National Post article about Josh Boden

[url=http://forums.ticats.ca/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=30137]viewtopic.php?f=5&t=30137[/url]

'...former teammates on the Lions say good things will happen
if Boden makes good on his claim Wednesday that

he will change those in his immediate company,

among the reasons cited by the club why he fell out of favour.

"He has a bright future as long as he's focused
and surrounds himself with positive people,"

said slotback Paris Jackson, who was Boden's closest friend
on the Lions but distanced himself in the winter.

"It's just the way he thinks sometimes. I saw he was making strides,
but he was 20 years old; he never experienced being in the spotlight
and sometimes you get caught up.

"When he wasn't a part of our team this year
he was missed by me and some guys on the team.

I don't want him to think I turned (my) back on him."

...Boden holds no grudge against the Lions about his departure,

nor against those who judged him
before an outcome was rendered in court.

"It was an unfortunate situation that I'm terribly sorry about. . . .

Yes, I do have to learn from my mistakes
and keep better people around me, obviously.

I put myself into a situation where the allegations came," he said.

"But I believe I was on the right path. I'm trying to turn a negative into a positive.

I just want everybody to know I've been keeping my head clear
and focusing on football and staying on the right track.

I don't want people to lose any respect. I'm not a bad guy.'

Too bad for Josh but he was only a stop gap
measure for the Ticats at this time.

Oct 2 The Spec

'GM Bob O'Billovich said Canadian receiver Josh Boden was cut
because Chris Bauman's post-concussion problems have cleared.

Boden became expendable when Bauman played last Saturday.

also,

'They signed former Mac runner Andre Sadegian,
who might play special teams Saturday.'

Maybe the team that picked up Andre
off our practice roster this summer

did so for for similar reasons.

Another good local running back..

Beamsville...I am glad he is back.