Jones wears Riders jersey w/Grey Cup, called disrespectful

I do not think it was disrespect. Every player / coach has a right to have some time with it.

I find it strange that while doing it, he was wearing a Riders shirt. :roll:
That is fine though. That is as close as the Riders will get this 2016. :lol:
A photo of the cup with a guy wearing a Rider shirt. :wink:

I wonder, was it worth the time and work to get it through US customs ?
No one in Tennessee, knows or cares about it.
That includes the Mad Dog fans.

" What is that you are trying to bring in here sir " ?

" Grey Cup, it is whats is wons in the Canajian Footbaw.ā€™

There is a replica. It was made in 2008. I believe it related to the cup being damaged multiple times (as many cups areā€¦Stanley Cup has it fair share of run-ins) and they finally said enough is enough after the Stanley Cup was damaged post Red Wings winning in 2008 and need to be reshaped and smoothed outā€¦though I know for certain it was being weighed out for at least 5 years prior to that.

Likely a keen point.

It is a tough situation for him to be in I would say. I meanā€¦it is not win. If you show up in Esks gears it is said he is with the Riders and should not be wearing old team stuff (same would go to say Owens doing an event or media in Argo gear)ā€¦if you show up in Rider gear you get this. In hindsight he probably should have tried to find some ā€œCFLā€ logo gear. At least he kept it minimalā€¦black shirt with no logo, no hat.

I totally agree with you but hey Jones is a jerk anyway what would anybody expect him to have any class.

Where is the rule that a coach has to be liked ?
So what if he is a jerk with no class?

He is a football genius who just keeps collecting rings where ever he goes.

I just hope he does not get one in Riderville. Nothing against the Riders or their fans. I just do not want DD to lift the Cup.

People expect coaches to be like Marc Trestman. :roll:
Sometimes the nice guys finish first , sometimes the not so nice.

Quite often hate is just respect masked in envy.

You didn't win it as a Rider, you shouldn't be carting it around as a Rider. It's not like the Riders need more PR. There is plenty of CFL merch and regular clothes to wear if you want to take it somewhere. As far as it going to the US, that's fine. Every player, no matter where they live deserves their day with the cup.

Reminds me of Don Matthews (which makes sense, since Jones was under Matthews in Montreal for a while). Guy was brazen, brutally honest, and had no patience for the media whatsoever. He just went out and did what it took to put winning teams on the field.

The other stuff is all forgiven as a coach if youā€™re a winner.

(As I recall it, he was pretty popular with his players most of the time, though.)

You don't like Jones? Stop him from winning then. If you can't, then stfu and let him do his thing.

True, good point.

However, he does have the right to his time with the cup. Myself , I would not be wearing an opposite team shirt.
He is from TN, so it would have been better if he wore the shirt whatever local university team represents that area.

Yet, I do not think anyone in that area cares anyway.

BTW, Rider fans should be happy with it. That is as close to the 2016 GC, they will get. Right DD ?

It's an interesting situation and I don't fault Eskimo fans for feeling upset. That being said, he deserves his day with the Cup, he earned it. Maybe it would have been more appropriate just to wear a shirt with no team logo on it, but he's employed and being paid by the Riders, it's ultimately his choice to make. I doubt he cares what any of us think.

We know by now Jones does not give a hoot what Canadians think. We are an ends to a mean for him. Great coach but selfish dude.

Most players and staff that he has worked with would say otherwise.