Johnny Manziel to Montreal

Will the Als even be around in 2020? That is the only negative in this trade for Hamilton.

That depends… when does Manziel leave for the NFL?

I'm stunned. Totally stunned.

But if he was going anywhere, it was Montreal.

Also, this makes me more likely to believe the Al's are desperate and dumb enough to sign TO.

I expect this trade will go along way towards the Als making the playoffs in the woeful east division. The Als d looked like it was finally starting to come together against the Stamps. Their big question was at QB and they may have solved that issue here

Probably never.

From a purely standings viewpoint, you’re correct. Hamilton has actually been in every game, and should have won 2 weeks ago in Saskatchewan. Montreal has barely been competitive.

I feel for Adams. Kid can't buy a break.

If “it” means his last shred of credibility, then yea.

Way too high a price for a guy that, if reports are to believed, just had to prove he was good teammate to get another NFL shot next year.

Als could have had Jennings (per TSN’s Farhan Lalji), likely for a lot less. Proven 5,000 yard passer who needs a change of scenery and is only 25 years old. Won’t sell any tickets, but potentially better long-term upside.

I don’t think the CFL doesn’t realize this phony wrestling type set ups are turning the most loyal fans off .

Why would a team help another team they are competing against ?

This trade like the Ray trade is beyond any reason .

You hyped a fan base in Hamilton to do this . What a stupid move .

Sick of this insanity . No sense of competitive spirit no wonder they are always struggling for fans .

Nobody wants Jennings.

Kavis paid a kings ransom for this. The Als D is actually pretty good…if JM can move the ball they should be in a lot of games. Idunno if he has a lot to throw to…and I don’t understand the LT thing entirely.

I think JM may do well…problem is will there be much chance of him staying in 2020 if he does? This is a heck of a price to pay if they don’t win now.

I am sure if there was someone in the West willing to give up a solid Canadian starter and 2 firsts or anything close to that he would be heading there. This is a pretty heavy trade. Hamilton just got better with Westerman and those picks are huge.

Hamilton got very little pressure the past 2 games against a team that has had their QBs running for their lives.

But who’s helping whom?

I think the Cats got an awful lot in return for a backup QB. I guess time will tell who improves more from the deal. Perhaps Manziel wasn’t fitting in in Hamilton as well as has been reported?

Why worry what may happen in 2020 or beyond. I don't. Let's wait and see what happens with Johnny in 2018 and 2019.

Richard

If Manziel can mobilize Kavis Reed’s “Hobo Express” into a Coupe de Grey win methinx he’ll be leaving for the NFL shortly after . . . .

Because this is a very expensive trade if he is not a viable starter in Montreal still. I don’t see how you can’t consider that when looking at this trade.

Yes but look at Hamilton you have a huge base of people who were hyped for Manziel and are looking for Masoli’s head .

I defend Masoli but you have to consider the fan who sees the team with a potential starter in Manziel and you never give him a chance to play .

If Manziel started even one game and struggled you would have had a least a feel for the move as legit now if Manziel lights it up you piss off Cats fans to the extreme .

If he is a failure then Cats fans are of course happy but if he does well you just shot yourself in the foot PR wise for many years to come .

This doesn’t end well if Masoli craps the bed and Manziel does well .

Ouch Hopefully Montreal will sell another 500 tickets.

19498 and 16718 so far and haven’t sold one out in several seasons.

Shouldn’t be hard to tell.

I think Hamilton made a mistake. :frowning:

I will be at the Ottawa - Hamilton game. I guess I won't be seeing Johnny football. :frowning:

Why is the trade for Manziel so expensive for Montreal? Chris Williams contract expires after the end of 2018 and for Westerman it’s after 2019.

Regarding draft picks let’s wait.

Richard