John Ryan to Green Bay?

ANyone know what kind of contract he was offered? Good For him anyway if he takes it. First Regina guy to go south. If things don’t work out down there though, hopefully he will come home to Regina.

Go Riders!!

OH GOD NO! NOT GREEN BAY!!! STAY WITH THE BOMBERS RYAN, WE NEED YOU!!! YOUR TALENT IS WORTH MORE IN WINNIPEG THAN IT WILL EVER BE IN THE NFL, ESPECILLY GREEN BAY!!!

(I HATE the Packers BTW)

i figured it was going to be da Bears loooking for a Punter...he was awful in the first half vs the Panthers
Had one good punt with a Bear bounce in the 2nd half...not what you call clutch punting.
Ryan would of punted from his end zone, and bounced it on the Panther's 40 yard line..
Oh well, hope the news from the doc is wrong...sure can use Ryan in blue gold next year..

Here is the info about the contract offer:

Pack makes offer to Ryan
Winnipeg Free Press
Tue 17 Jan 2006
Page: C4
Section: Sports

IT didn't take long for Jon Ryan to make a good first impression with the Green Bay Packers.

And if the Winnipeg Blue Bombers punter continues to hammer kicks into the stratosphere -- as he did Sunday in a session for the Pack -- it could be that by the end of the week there is a full-fledged National Football League bidding war for his services.

The Packers offered Ryan a contract worth the NFL minimum $241,000 US with a $10,000 signing bonus yesterday, less than 24 hours after the Regina product worked out for the club. But with a workout already lined up with the Cincinnati Bengals this Thursday and both the New York Giants and Washington Redskins also interested, Ryan has opted to hold off before signing the Pack's offer.

And although the Bombers expect Ryan to land a gig down south, they have also put a substantial offer on the table for the CFL all-star, who was voted the club's top Canadian and special teams player. That contract is said to be worth well over $100,000.

Another report says the same thing in today's Leader-Post.

...he's slated to receive a 10.000 dollar signing bonus...about 12.000 Can.... from the Packers......sounds knid of skimpy to me.....especially when the Bombers offered him (rumoured to be the best contract for a kicker ever) to stay in Wpg.....we'll see...but from what I heard he is not that impressed with Green Bay offer....but who knows.... :roll:

Whats wrong with the packers?

Edmonton wannabes witha U of Georgia logo (although maybe Georgia should be the one to change, since they lose their name rights two years ago)

why dose there logo or colors matter its not like its going to help them win any more games

…in Kanga’s world, it makes all the difference…we’ve yet to determine exactly why…

I don't know about you guys but if someone offered me a $10,000 signing bonus and four times my current wages to come work with them it would not be a difficult decision on my part. HELLO NEW JOB!..Way to go Jon, hope you have a long and successful career in the NFL.

........good work if you can get it......but he still has to get it.....hang time and ...learning how to pooch-kick...are still issues with Ryans game...but I know one thing ...he'd probably out leg any American kicker for a spot at this time.....I hope they give him a good shot .....but I got a hunch it ain't gonna be with the Packers... :wink:

Oh well, at least you guys have Westwood to fall back on...LOL :roll:

....I hope Troy has come out of his zen-like trance....maybe we might still have a kicker....and then again..... :roll:

We can always send you Duncan O'Missy..... :roll:

....O NO'SY....THANKS ANYWAY.....we seen what he can do inside the 25..... :lol:

No, seriously, we will give you O'Many for Brazzell. Seems fair to me. :lol:

$10,000 is really peanuts, making him nothing more then training camp fodder. I would think unless it is $100,000 he would be better off returning to the Peg where he could probably garner a contract of $150,000 plus a $25,000 bonus. If he were to accept the measily $10K and he gets cut in trainig camp, he would lose a lot more in potential salary.

Westwood can actually punt the ball, with accuracy...and he's very good at 3 pointers inside the 20..
Bomber's just have to bring in a long range fieldgoal kicker...How bout the dude who kicked for a million.
If Ryan leaves, replacing him won't be that tough...we always have longhair to, back us up..

I'm a perfesionist, every has to be prefect in my head, it's that simple. I can't controll it, it's the way I was born. Blah Blah Blah.

Troy isn't bad, and is a great kicker, but Ryan's a KICKING GOD!!!

Although not quite the same, it's the Dr. J/Virginia Squies saga all over again. Basically, it's a simular story in that the Squires discovered Dr. J who is a great basketball player (later become a hall of famer) but the team lets him go to the Nets. Dr. J revolutionises the Nets and the Virginia Squies get left out in the cold.

$10,000 is really peanuts, making him nothing more then training camp fodder. I would think unless it is $100,000 he would be better off returning to the Peg where he could probably garner a contract of $150,000 plus a $25,000 bonus. If he were to accept the measily $10K and he gets cut in trainig camp, he would lose a lot more in potential salary.
That is where you are wrong, Argotom. Jon Ryan is in a great position. Being a Canadian he can come back to the CFL and whatever offer he left behind will still be waiting for him. In Fact, I bet that he will get a better offer because the season will be in full swing and teams in need of a punter will know what they want and will get into a bidding war over him. It's is a win win situation for him. I also want to say that a $10,000 signing bonus may be nothing to you but there are a lot of CFL players who would take it in a heart beat.. Go for it Ryan!