John Madden comment on the CFL...

..was that the Pro Football Hall of Hame , should honour all of pro football including careers in the CFL!!! I agree with him, but there should be a seperate Hall of Fame for that, because Canton is for NFL accomplishments and Hamilton for CFL greatness. Any ideas on where a Pro Football HOF could be located?

the pro football hall of fame in canton should be RENAMED 'NFL hall of fame'...2 seperate HOF's for 2 seperate leagues...some players will be in both.

Well I think if they did a pro football hall of fame maybe put it in a town near the american and canadian border that has a good history with football

Agree with the NFL only name as this "Pro
Football" is anything but.

I agree with DG up there. Rename the "Pro Football HOF" to the NFL HOF. There is more to pro football than the NFL ... Some magazines need to realize this too ... Or, if you can't rename the Pro Football HOF, induct some CFL players. Think, George Reed for example. He played pro football ...

Right in the middle of one of the Great Lakes.

can anyone post a link ?

I think eventually the Pro Football Hall of Fame will officially honor some CFL stars as it is evident that the name should either include NFL in it or honour some CFL stars. My guess though is that inducting some CFL stars would send Paul Godfrey to the loonie bin, oh well, maybe once he's there we can arrange to keep him there for a very long time. 8)

Americans have always been a bit funny this way, like calling their baseball championship the 'World Series'. I say, we call OUR football hall of fame, the Pro Football Hall of Fame too, get the jump on the NFL, and hounour everyone!!!

On a floating barge! :wink:

I was just reading the following from the selection process from the PFHofF website and this is interesting:

"Any fan may nominate any qualified person who has been connected with pro football in any capacity simply by writing to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. The only restriction is that a player must have been retired at least five years before he can be considered. For example, a candidate for the 2007 class must have concluded his career not later than the 2001 season."

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/selectionprocess.html

Maybe we CFL fans should start doing some writing to them!

build it in OKC