John Candy and the Double Blue

Saw the above on TSN 2. This is a must see for all football fans! As a part owner Candy was very involved with the Argos. He was on the sideline with the team ,when the Argos won the Cup, and gave the players all great support. Candy comes across as a great supporter for the team. All the Argos of that era spoke fondly of him and, were extremely sad at his passing. Even when the team's fan support dropped Candy gave all he could to help out. I had always been a fan of him from his comedy role- even more so when upon awareness of his Argo support. Don,t miss this one!

Out of the three, Candy was the only one who even remotely cared about the Argos & CFL.

It was just another con-game scheme for McNall the Fraudster. And Gretzky was just along for the ride (and free alcohol) as McNall's showpiece toy from LA.

Candy was the last Argo owner who actually loved the team.

Watch how fast the current owner dumps the Argos after next year's grey cup finishes. Nice grease job Braley has pulled off picking up the Argos for nothing. He services the debt for two years - - with a $500k handout along the way - - and gets to collect the jackpot from the 100th greay cup. Great deal for his ego and his wallet.

Watched it last night, really enjoyed it, nice job by TSN to do this.

Interesting, I suppose is the word, perspective on this from Mike Boone from the Montreal Gazette:

Not to be outdone in Torontocentricity : TSN kicked off its weekend of Grey Cup coverage Friday night with John Candy: True Double Blue.
The short documentary, a TSN original production, recalls the “Hollywood Argonauts” - Candy’s team - and their Grey Cup win in 1991.
[b]Of course, sports fans from coast to coast have talked of little else these past 20 years. And the late comic’s enthusiasm for the Argos is a particularly hot topic among Toronto fans who pack Rogers Stadium to watch the Buffalo Bills.
[/b]

[url=http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/Crosby+outgrows+handle/5770964/story.html#ixzz1f60R5uOe]http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/C ... z1f60R5uOe[/url]
Not to be outdone in Torontocentricity : TSN kicked off its weekend of Grey Cup coverage Friday night with John Candy: True Double Blue. The short documentary, a TSN original production, recalls the "Hollywood Argonauts" - Candy's team - and their Grey Cup win in 1991. [b]Of course, sports fans from coast to coast have talked of little else these past 20 years. And the late comic's enthusiasm for the Argos is a particularly hot topic among Toronto fans who pack Rogers Stadium to watch the Buffalo Bills.[/b]
I'm speechless (not textless though) and simultaneously appalled with that statement.

That was my reaction as well tangle. I think below low class is one way of describing that comment.

Don't be too civil Earl. :slight_smile:

From everything I have seen and heard on this forum regarding talk of all sports let alone the whole Bills deal in Toronto that is not working, I would describe that propaganda as wantonly asinine. :thdn: :thdn: :thdn:

What a typical big city aloof idiot akin to what we tend to have at times with such aloof commentary by analogy down here in New York, Washington, and LA.

True enough Paolo. I hope if the Candy family gets wind of that comment that they demand an apology actually.