Joe Paopao

Greg Frers was quite interesting and blunt on last night's 5TH Quarter.He made the statement that joe Paopao is known in the league as often being out coached.He stated that Paopao doesn't have the ability to make adjustments during the game.

And hes with the guy that hasnt made adjustments at the half, EVER.

Wow.

What?? do you guys remember last year against the Renegades? first half a close game and second half all Gades a great half time adjustment. I seem to recall a few games last year where Paopao made some really good half time adjustments. When the Gades couldn’t move the ball in the first half he came up with the screem pass to Ranek in the second half which seemeded to work pretty good.

that was the 'gades trademark for the first half of last season....stay close in the first half then run away with it in the second half.

Paopao's offence was the best part of the game. The creativity, and motion was impressive!

maas, pass to holmes, who then throws a long pass almost for a TD...

that was all paopao, cuz i remember kerry joseph and ranek doing cool stuff like that last year. ( joseph to ranek, who throws down field to joseph! )

THERE IS ONE PROBLEM WHERE WAS C HOLMES IN THIS OFFENCE AFTER ALL HE WAS THE OFFENCE IN TORONTO BRUTAL FOR PAO PAO NOT TO USE THIS GUY AAS OFTEN AS YOU CAN

For the 100th time, Holmes sprained his ankle early in the game.

Please stop shouting. And we’ll understand your points better if you use periods.

Frers was on the Fifth Quarter? He was on the CBC post-game wrap-up…

Frers was on the Fifth Quarter? He was on the CBC post-game wrap-up…

By almost, I assume you mean a pass into double coverage that was almost picked.

PaoPao had some great ideas, and he had some unique plays. But most of the time his plans are as vanilla as angel-food cake. Those swing passes have GOT TO STOP. It's the same garbage as we saw out of Baresi last season.

What I heard Greg saying about Joe’s coaching
for the last couple years in Ottawa was that

Joe is known for failing to make half-time adjustments.

Joe was Head Coach. I don’t know if he was involved
in Ottawa’s offensive game planning but

apparently Greg thinks he should have been involved
in making half-time adjustments with his Offensive Assistants.

Interesting point…since Greg Marshall was much involved in the Offence at Mac.

P.S.

but as mikem pointed out remember last year against the Renegades when the Gades couldn’t move the ball in the first half against us and then, in the second half, Ranek killed us with the screen pass.

Honestly, when was the last time that Hamilton, after being down at the half, went into the locker room to make adjustments and came roaring back in the second half?

I do apologize for the previous run-on sentence, and the lack of instant recall to rhyme off an instance where this scenario has occured in the past, but it always seems to be the same old - same old.

The Cats usually are in the game up until the midway point, and then fall apart completely in the second half.

At times I find watching the Tiger-Cats franchise reminiscent of watching a horse race. Yes, the four-legged wonder that you just placed a bet on is first out of the gate, and for most of the race, but you just know that at the end, he will not be crossing the finish line as a winner.

A crappy anaolgy, perhaps, but the only one I can think of right now.

I do apologize if this post rings a bit off, but the brain still hurts a bit, especially after dropping a ridiculous $40.00 on beer last night.

Agredd 100%!

It was most impressive.

I think this offense is going to quite good. Maas was off last night, and hopefully that should correct itself as should the 0-line getting to know each other.