Joe Monford..............Calling Bob Young...

It is regretable that Lancaster's petty politic's are still alive and well with the new look Ti-Cats.
Montford is still sitting at home, wanting to retire as a Ti-Cat. What Smoking Joe brings too the field, and to his teamates is in a word...priceless.
The rumor mill has it that because of what Monford said to Lancaster, when departing to Edmonton, Lancaster is hell bent to make sure Joe never returns to the black and gold.
True or False....we ordinary fan's will never know for sure.... perhaps Mr. Young will make a comment to the fan base on this forum regarding this matter.

Without commenting on the specifics of the drama ... I can see some credibility in the "bring back Joe" arguement.

I am in the camp that believes it is his LEADERSHIP , above all, which would help most right now.

So who gets cut to make room for Joe ?

Peace.

P.S - I am currently working on a solution to all the team woes ... be patient.

Leave Lancaster out of this, he's forgotten more about football than most of the people making decisions in our organization.

Walker does

I’m pleased that you think so highly of Lancaster. Some do not…

First Lancaster is not the one making the decisions. That is Katz and Marshall. You would think if the HC wanted him back and the GM wanted him back, Montford would be back. Hey, maybe he didn't say things to Lancaster, maybe it was to Marshall or Young. The Ticats are not the only ones to pass on Montford. So have 7 other teams. Why? The money. Never has Montford come out and said what he is willing to sign for. It has all been speculation. If the Edmonton Eskimos let him go for financial reasons, the team that may have the highest payroll in the CFL, you can only imagine what his salary was. Roy Shivers was quoted as saying he made a very good offer to Montford, but was turned down. The Riders are one of the top teams in the salary department. Does Montford really want to just play football anywhere in the CFL. No Montford wants to still dictate where he goes and for how much. Which is fine, but you would have thought he learned his lesson last time about negotiating in the press. It didn't work then and it isn't going to work now. The Ticats are going for young players, they are trying to build a team. Like I said in another post. I sat through many games watching the same thing I saw on Thursday. Late in the game, all that needs to be done is stop the other team's offence. Yes even under Sudsy and with Montford, the other team was able to march. What this team needs to learn is self control. It needs to stop taking stupid selfish penalties.

I loved Joe's leadership. First he tried to lead them to Toronto where he went to get more money. Sadly he was not really right for that defensive scheme and came back. He is past his prime and is looking for an easy way to pick up some cash. Let him look elsewhere. The guy was money hungry and that is why he ended up in Edmonton. How long did it take Edmonton to see the light.

Honestly The Cats Signed Collier 12 sacks last year. Monford left this team twice for more money and just because no other team will sign him why does Hamilton have to? James Cotton has played amazing since replacing Joe Monford. Cotton might be injured but Anthony Collier will do perfectly fine until Cotton returns. So Sorry Joe no room

Maybe you shouldn’t shoot your mouth off for things you know NOTHING about. He doesn’t care about what the offer is. He doesn’t want to be out west due to family responsibilities and he wants to end his carreer in the city he loves. Maybe the reason he was looking for more in the money department is because he was getting screwed over when he was here. Has anyone considered that?? And do you blame someone for that? You yourself said “speculation” and that’s all any of it is. Your opinion is not fact, and the statement you made about what his intentions are is completely ridiculous.

That goes for everyone else who is saying “he’s all about the money”. If that’s what acceptable on this board then I am quite happy to start speculating what all of you are doing and wanting as well. He gave us the best years of his carreer, he is a great leader and a stellar athelete. Shame on all of you.

Very well said.........

No pass rush last game bring back joe. If he is not the answer cut him .
I think he would be a big help and it would happen fast. :rockin:

Joe was a Great Ticat Player
Key work there “WAS”

It was Joe’s Bad Attitude & Greed Cost him…
Staying in Hamilton.
Sorry but Joes Time is Done…

If He Want to sign
a 1 Day Contract to Retire a Ticat
I am fine with that

But we don’t need him anymore on the Field

Maybe you shouldn't shoot your mouth off for things you know NOTHING about. He doesn't care about what the offer is. He doesn't want to be out west due to family responsibilities and he wants to end his carreer in the city he loves. Maybe the reason he was looking for more in the money department is because he was getting screwed over when he was here. Has anyone considered that?? And do you blame someone for that? You yourself said "speculation" and that's all any of it is. Your opinion is not fact, and the statement you made about what his intentions are is completely ridiculous.

That goes for everyone else who is saying “he’s all about the money”. If that’s what acceptable on this board then I am quite happy to start speculating what all of you are doing and wanting as well. He gave us the best years of his carreer, he is a great leader and a stellar athelete. Shame on all of you.

Here you don’t have to speculate too much about me. I have been a season ticket holder in the CFL for over 40 years. I have been to football games in every Canadian city but Montreal. Joe Montford gave the Ticats his best years. Those years as sad as it sounds are behind him. all player’s careers come to an end. I have seen many players come and go. The Ticats are moving in a new direction. There is no need to bring Joe back. I like Joe Montford. I have met him many times, he is a great guy. But his days are numbered. If the Ticats want to build a team, then they have to move forward. Bringing Joe back isn’t moving forward.

Collier is an adequate replacement for Cotton. When Cotton is healthy again, Walker should be jettisoned.

Montford's time has gone here. I hold nothing against him, but we need new leaders to step up, and younger guys who may develop into stallwart players.

Maybe we should check out that Mumford guy that Suitor keeps talking about instead. :wink: :smiley:

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/9718/mayhem2a9xo.jpg

Montford was the CFL's most feared pass rusher from 1998 to 2001 registering a combined 86 sacks. He had 26 in 1999, just missing the league record of 26.5 sacks registered by Parker in 1984.

Montford isn't ready to retire just yet but admits he no longer controls that decision

GIVE IT UP JOE NOT COMMING HOME TO PLAY :roll: