Joe Mack

The Bombers pass rush isnt bad. They have 18 sacks on the season, only 4 away from the BC Lions who lead the league at this time.

My honest assessment of the Bombers is that they have been a team plagued by injuries this season. To have a quarterback carosel is never a good thing. They likely wont win many games this season with a young quarterback. To say fire Mack is a little premature. I say give him another season to fill some holes, and then can him.

And for the record, I expect the Bombers to give the Riders a run for thier money this week. I expect the Riders to win, but the game will be alot closer than 52 to 0. Winnipeg could not buy a break on Labour Day.

To answer a few questions I saw. Durant put up 400 yds roughly against Hamiltons D in our first game. Unlike the Winnipeg GM, the Riders GM does speak to the media, multiple time a week.

Winnipeg is a train wreck, last year seems to be a fluke when it was suppose to be a rebuilding year they made it to the cup. The next number of years will be for rebuilding, and free agents will bail on that team come the offseason.

Looks like many more years before they are competing for a GC. Oh well.

Someone is sensitive, must be a Joe Mack supporter?

He passed for 400 yards, once. Since then, he’s done nothing. When I said ‘shown anything’, I meant giving a consistent indication that you can be a starter. Quinton Porter once torched us for 400 yards – today, in 2012, he’s still a backup.

I’m not saying Elliott can’t be something in the future. But all the Bomber fans who went around trumpeting their team’s awesome QB depth should own up: that depth is not, in fact, very good.

I don’t remember anyone saying the Bombers have awesome QB depth. They do have 3 backups who all have game experience. No one said they could be starters, they’re rookies, they’re going to have bad games. I can’t think of any team that has a stable of backups that all have played. If I was going to pick a backup from a team, I don’t think I would consider a guy who has only held a clipboard over a guy who has played. The depth is one positive the team has, but if you feel the need to slash and burn, knock yourself out.

Revisionist history, man. In the offseason, I heard all about how the Bombers' QB depth was the 'envy' of the league.

So your backups have a few games of CFL experience. Wonderful. And does that mean we're any more certain that Brink, for example, can be a starter? No, it does not.

You're right! They're all shit and should be let go. May as well fold the team. What right do we Bomber fans have to maybe try to find some positives?

I never said that. Just because your QB depth isn’t the “envy” of the league doesn’t mean it’s garbage. That said, given Buck’s inability to stay healthy, I would certainly bring in more QB talent in the offseason if I were Mack. (though really, the no.1 priority is the O-line; no QB is going to look good behind the current offensive line)

Are you defending Joe Mack?

You wish you had Ken Miller on your team.

No point in trying to have a discusion with this guy Dan, he’ll nitpick every bit of your posts, change the topic as much as he can, all to try and make it seem like he was right.
We know what we have in our QB’s. We know that position takes time to develop. Both Elliott and Brink will be around the league for awhile.

Brink sucks.

No thanks.

Don’t lie.

I don’t. Maybe the Riders should re-hire him to that VP position if you think he’s so great.

He is awesome.

No, but Joe Mack never forgot that lesson, it seems…

Joe Mack ordered a Big Mac at Burger King, and got one.

Troy Westwood doesn't seem to think very highly of Joe Mack either.

...Troy makes some good points