Jimenez???

Wow the fact I compliment you b[/b]brings on your guilt complex. I guess I should have stated that I am glad Rider fans are not in here cheering on the fact a Calgary player was injured and will be out for the game next weekend. But until the league rules everything is speculation as far as if it was a dirty play. And Dust your correct if in fact the guy was kicked out of the game obviously there was a reason for it. But lets wait for the league to rule on it and then call it a dirty play.

The papers are calling this a cut block that Jimenez did if so then the league really cant suspend the player because it is not an illegal play. Dont get me wrong I to agree that cut blocking should be ruled illegal but until they do they really cant suspend. If the play was whistled dead and the hit was after then sure suspend him.

Takes very little for you to show your true colours.

Yep, no insults, guys...keep it clean, and let's not Jimenez it up, eh?

Kidding, Lions fans, kidding....

Wait a second… I thought you were a teacher!

Shouldn’t you be in class?

lol - I’m subbing at this point…no teaching for me today…

Well that's fair then - im posting from class :wink:

I agree with you that we should not pass judgment until we know the facts.

However, I would hesitate to call it just another football injury. I tore my Achilles tendon this summer and it has taken a few months to get to a point were I can walk semi-normal and it will take many more to get back to any kind of playing shape. I can’t even imagine tearing the tendon and ligaments, plus breaking the fibula. That is a devastating injury and I hope he recovers well

Did not see the hit but Ed Willis of the province wrote about it today in his Monday Morning Musings.

[url=http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/sports/story.html?id=35853926-21b7-45dd-8ce6-e39ddace205f]http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/ ... 9ddace205f[/url]

For those to lazy to scroll through it to find out he basically says it was a dirty hit and he'll be lucky to not get suspended and that some of the lions are not happy with Jimenez.

Here it is for the lazy people.

The Lions will be very lucky if offensive tackle Jason Jimenez isn't suspended for the Western final in a couple of weeks.

While TSN didn't have a replay of the hit on Stampeders defensive end Anthony Gargiulo which led to Jimenez's ejection on Saturday night, it seemed Jimenez rolled up Gargiulo from behind as the play was coming to an end. Garguilo suffered a broken ankle and is gone for the season.

Afterwards, the Stampeders were incensed and while several of the Lions claimed they didn't see the play, there were murmurs they weren't overly impressed with their teammate's action, either.

"The play was just about over," said Stamps defensive lineman Terrence Patrick. "Gargiulo had his back turned. The guy comes and cuts him from the back.

"That's messed up man. Everyone out here is trying to make a living, man, and you've got guys doing stupid s--t like that."

When your team mates think its dirty I guess you can call it dirty.

Heres the "Birds eye" view. We were seated at the 30 yard line, pretty close to where it happened. Jimenez dove at the back of the Calgary Players legs. When that happened, both my son and I went "oh, oh" almost similtaneously. I said to my son, "that was pretty cheap and dirty, I wonder if the officials would disqualify him?" They did.

From what I saw (no replay at the Stadium either) A fine is definately warrented, and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a game suspension as well. It was a cheap dirty hit.

Sportsmen

I really appreciate your comment to this thread. Its class fans like you that make this forum worth chking out.

Now onto the hit, its this kids first year in the league and in all honestly could be his last. The fibula will heal, Im not so sure about the torn tendons and ligaments. This could be career ending, and thats what makes this "block" a serious offence.

I'll wait to hear from the league, but i expect repercussions.

Not exactly. What was said is if the hit occurred after the whistle, it was dirty (from Murphy). Wally said he has film of the hit, and that it occurred before the whistle.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. I hope though that the Stamp lineman is able to play again. Some have said that his career could be over...I really hope that is not the case.

Which side of the field are you on?

hwgill > there can be a difference between illegal and dirty. Clearly the refs saw something that caused the disqualification. If it was a disqualification for unsportsmanlike conduct, they would likely have seen it as dirty or cheap.

I sat on the visitors side of the field, around the 30 yard line.

The hit whether before of after the play is what they used to call Clipping (back when I played with leather helmets). Jimenez hit him across the back of the legs. To my understanding, thats a foul.

A fine...Yes.
A suspension...Maybe, is there a precedent? (I'm hoping not a suspension as we need everyone on our line, but who knows with the CFL)

If he is suspended, I hope he phones AJ Gass for the name of a good arbitrator.

LOL...good one sporty!

[quote="Sportsmen"]A suspension...Maybe, is there a precedent? (I'm hoping not a suspension as we need everyone on our line, but who knows with the CFL)

quote]

Is there a precedent, go back to last season, Nik Lewis on Kelly Wiltshire, very similar play by the accounts. Nothing was done then and I doubt anything will happen now.

If Wally has a film of the play, I would hope the league would demand he produces it.

Similar play?????????

Was it from behind, after the whistle?

:lol: :lol: CFlesksfan it was not similar. If it was Nik Lewis would have been penalized much like this fellow and a DQ as well. Try again still bitter about your eskies missing the playoffs get use to it.