RIP Jim. A great writer and a true friend of the CFL.
He was my favourite sports writer, and will be truly missed.
RIP Jim Taylor - your were one of the great ones covering canadian sport, writing great books, etc.
fwiw - here’s a list of my favorite canadian sportswriters over the last 50 or so years.
- Jim Hunt (nobody wrote things down better, nobody was better on radio)
- Jim Coleman
- Jim Taylor
- Jack Matheson (Winnipeg Tribune, CJOB Radio Winnipeg)
- Doc Blanchard (Winnipeg Free Press)
- Jim Matheson (Edmonton)
- Stephen Brunt
- Red Fisher (wrote a ton of hockey books, some say too many)
- Peter Gzowki & Scott Young (Gzowski was a CBC/Macleans Magazine everyman but did a couple fine sports books; Young (Neil Young’s dad) was an old hack sportswriter in Toronto for decades, wrote some great pieces & books.
Scott Young was far from an “old hack sportswriter.” He was one of the greatest sports columnists this country has seen.