Jim Popp to the Colts?

Agree ArgoT, and whatever, Flutie went to the Pro Bowl and Buffalo hasn't made the playoffs since when?

Colts fans sound more insecure in their skin than a lot of Canadians do. :o :lol:

Yes, I do remember the father from his time with the Tiger cats, Tipper and the son likely gathered a good deal of knowledge and wisdom from Dad. I was browsing the NFL site yesterday when I saw the item. In light of what I read about the Colts' fans' reaction to the possibility of Jim Popp being their next GM, I thought this piece would be timely.

I agree ArgoT and Earl, I don't care what a Yankee south of us thinks about the people and talent in this league. It was just to point out the hypocracy in their thinking.

I agree about the insecure Canadians, ONE idiot on a web site makes a silly statement, and we get an insecure Canadian that takes offence with ONE silly statement and everyone discusses it here and then we get the “usual suspects” saying nasty things about the NFL and their fans. I would say that the usual nasty comments about the CFL comes from people in our own country. How do you know that the guy that wrote on the Colts wall was not a Canadian?

You make some ood points, mikem.

I don't care at all whether the Colts hire Popp or not, or why.

I don't care whether NFL fans or Americans in general dislike the CFL or look down their noses at it. I don't get all ga-ga if they mention it positively once in a while on their TV broadcasts or papers either. None of that impresses me or matters to me in the least.

I prefer Canadian football to American football, though the NFL does start to interest me at this time of year. It doesn't bother me at all that the CFL is in many respects a "niche" sport, though I am concerned about having enough fans support it to keep it alive and maybe even thriving. If others who feel otherwise want to say it's "bush league", that's their prerogative.

They may even be right, I still don't care. After all, we do not have the money to hire the players they can in the NFL, or have the coaches and infrastructure, or build the hype. These are just facts. But I'm a fan of Canadian football. It's my game, it belongs to my country. I like the rules, the Canadian content, the history and traditions, and making new traditions along the way.

But none of this is reason for me to bash the NFL or Americans. To each his own.

Excellent.read steve. :thup: