Jim Popp this off season

I’ll be shocked if Dobson Collins breaks camp with the Als. Aside entirely from our now stacked lineup at receiver, that guy’s been a total bust wherever he’s been in the CFL; BC, Edmonton, Hamilton, and Ottawa. Don’t understand why teams keep giving this guy a chance when he keeps proving over and over that he just isn’t very good.

Certainly better than the reference BC would have gotten on their new QB, given who was coaching him.

Crompton will have the advantage of a returning offensive staff and system and a top metor QB in AC now fully with the offensive staff. To go along with a variety of much much better QB talent in which he will need to compete with.

Stacked? There is a lot of name recognition there for sure but lets be somewhat realistic.

Stamps was well out of the Esks plans. He has lost a step, has trouble getting separation, developed short arms and has injury issues at 33. But he will be useful for a year perhaps and a great teammate which is important. A culture changer hopefully.

As for Nik Lewis…I’d be shocked if they ultimately use an international spot on him. He is well past it. A great teammate but so far overweight it was comical last year. And he played very sparingly.

Not saying Dobson is great or will make it but I do not see this group as stacked other than in name recognition to go along with Chad J.

It took just two season’s to replace a top Offensive HC and THE top QB of all time. Really not too bad all things considered.
Shonert Returning with a base offense and a long history as an offensive coach at high levels outside the CFL. AC joins him with no coaching experience but a vast knowledge of CFL defenses and offenses, breaking down film, and game planning. He and Shonert should be a deadly combo.
Indeed a lot of quips about Kavis Reed but you can not dispute his long coaching history and knowledge of the CFL. Having all the tools needed on Teams. returners, Coverage guys, and a big legged option at Kicker. He completes a full staff with three OCs for all three phases.
Lefevour brings 7 years of pro football experiences and 3 years of CFL knowledge under two top CFL offensive minds that are polar opposites. Cortez and Austin.

MadJack, ne tournez pas le fer dans la plaie, SVP! :wink:

Je serais aussi très surpris que Collins réussisse à percer l’alignement, à moins de battre London à plate couture, ce que je ne crois pas qu’il fera. Pour ma part, j’ai toujours considéré Collins comme un autre Éric Deslauriers, alors j’aime autant garder le sympathique Éric qui est parfaitement heureux d’être à Montréal et joueur national par surcroît.

Je suis curieux de voir ce que Hoffman pourra donner, d’autant plus qu’il est très jeune. Il me semble un beau projet, un peu comme Green l’a été.

Thompson s’ajoute à une brigade déjà surchargée de retourneurs, aussi il devra être fichement bon pour sortir gagnant de cette compétition.

Seems like he is stockpiling receivers and will get to pick and choose which to keep after TC.

I am very interested in seeing this McGee guy play.

Et Mathews?