Jim Barker

Good point! Maybe they were just starting to think about using the metric system in 2014!

Wonder if Jim Barker goes back to Argos, now the Pinball is in charge.

Maybe Pinball will make him general manager

Even at GM it wouldn’t keep him from the side lines. He lives for it. just saying.

Barkers been a big part of the teams approach and philosophy to execution and fun. It’s made the younger players better and feel a part of the teams depth and they have responded. Pair that with Reinbold and Steinhauer’s positive attitudes, and it’s become a fun place to work!

As much as I think Jim Barker has been a huge benefit to the Cats this season, and appreciate his presence on the sidelines, the Argo smell still hasn’t completely washed off, has it? The above picture still gets my goat, but, it is what Barker does, and the type of thing that made him valuable to the Cats this year.

Maybe one more year might make the conversion stick, but if he is available and willing to go back to Toronto, IMO, Pinball would be a fool not to take him. Our loss, their gain.

Cat’s management knows internally what value Barker brings to the team. If his contribution to this new winning culture is that immense then they should give him a promotion or pay raise in order to keep him around. I would hate to see Pinball outbid us for his services now that he intimately knows our playbook and personnel.

I believe it was at the 1. When any Centre grabs the ball on the ground prior to snapping it, the front of the ball is tipped upwards to a more comfortable position. This is why it looks like it was not on the 1.

I looked again after I wrote that, and I now think that photo was snapped with the snap already in motion. I know we collectively beat that moment to death on this board at the time. In the end, we went to the Grey Cup that year and TOR did not.

I would like to think that Barker’s contribution here this season (whatever it may be) now outweighs the magnitude of that one moment on the sideline 5 years ago.