Jim Barker OUT - - Milanovich IN

Well if all goes through that's two potenitial coaching candidates gone for the Riders, Taman better start interviewing or we'll have no one but Marshall to re-hire lol :? :expressionless:

Bart Andruss (sp) spotted at Sask Airport :wink:

Chris Jones is in as DC, leaving Calgary.

I guess his contract was up, since it seems pretty unlikely they'd let him out to take the same position elsewhere.

Now that's nasty. I wouldn't even wish that on Hamilton and I'm an Argo fan (except for 2009 :lol: ).

According to Herb of The Gazette, Marcus Brady,receiver coach of the Als for the last 2 years, could follow Milanovich to Toronto.as Offensive coordinator.

Richard

If reports are true it would appear the Als left the store unlocked and the neighbours are robbing them blind.

Alright this is getting weird. The TSN article changed. Calgary says that Jones is leaving for Toronto. Toronto says he's not and that they didn't have permission to speak to him.

W.T.F.?

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=381628

I read that too and it is strange, however the Argos have signed Jyles; 2 years + option for the third.

Naylor said on Twitter that he could be the OC for Montreal or Toronto.

Just read the article. WTF, indeed. At first I wondered if maybe they wanted to keep it secret until they officially announce Milanovich, but that statement was pretty strong. :?

....seems strange Jones would jump that quick to T.O. with possible head-coaching opportunities popping up in the league....Curious?????? :roll:

It's starting to sound like Toronto did something underhanded to get Jones. According the TSN's latest article, Huf isn't happy about the situation, and the league is supposed to be looking into it, and it still sounds like Jones is going to Toronto.

I am an Argos fan. I also love the T-Cats. I am an anomoly!

Based on this logic, I am thoroughly conviced that Brailey's team is in colusion with Brailey's team!

So if Brailey’s in collusion with Brailey do you think Brailey will help Brailey land some key players so Brailey’s team can improve next year? And if that happens and Brailey’s team makes the Grey Cup against Brailey’s team will the owners sit together at the Grey Cup game? Is there a conspiracy? Is Brailey involved by choice or did Brailey coerce him into it?

Also, how exactly does one become a fan of the Argos and still “love” the Cats???

Forget about what you might think you're reading - - Jones is done in Calgary. He was still under contract when the Argos (or an agent of the Argos, Read: Milanovich) first contacted him - - if he wasn't, the league wouldn't be investigating tampering charges.

Jones tendered his resignation with the Stamps. He's now able to sign with the Argos. Orlondo Steinauer and his weak zone defence are out as DC. Good riddance to that feeble scheme.

Now the only question is how many of Steinhauer's buddies - - Byron Parker, Willie Pile, Jordan Younger - - will also be out.

Given the style of press defence that Jones likes to run, I'd be shocked if he didn't hang on to Parker. . . just the kind of corner Jones likes, strong in man-to-man situations.

Milanovich was not an agent for the Argos but he wasn't officially hired by the Argos at the time. And the League investigating does not mean that Milanovich (or the Argos) contacted Jones. The TSN article says that it isn't known if Milanovich called Jones or vice versa.

A good hire finally for the Argos.

The agressive press coverage is exactly why Parker wouldn’t be back - - he’s struggled in man coverage over the past year or two, even at wide side corner. But don’t take my word for it - - let’s wait and see what happens in free agency and during training camp.

[quote="Blue Blood"

Milanovich was not an agent for the Argos but he wasn't officially hired by the Argos at the time. And the League investigating does not mean that Milanovich (or the Argos) contacted Jones. The TSN article says that it isn't known if Milanovich called Jones or vice versa.
[/quote]
Sorta what I was thinking. Milanovich could have made a personal verbal deal with Jones while representing neither his old team or his yet to be confirmed (at the time) new team. A bit of a loophole to the usual process but probably not much Calgary can really do anything about except express displeasure.