Jim Barker leaving Argos after season?

[url=http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/CFL/Toronto/2012/11/02/20325091.html]http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/CFL/ ... 25091.html[/url]

Nothing has been said for public consumption, but behind the scenes plenty is being said in CFL circles.

While change will unfold in the Hammer, there’s a growing sense around the league that Argos GM Jim Barker won’t be asked to return for reasons that can’t be easily explained.

In terms of pure football, Barker has done a good job in getting the necessary pieces, decent pieces that have assured the Argos of a home playoff date for the first time since 2007.

When Ricky Ray came to town and his big salary, unpopular moves were made, players acquired who didn’t exactly merit a hefty contract when so little wiggle room existed in a cap system.

From afar, if Barker is indeed not asked to come back, personality issues more than any football-related issues will be at play.

In this case, the truth will probably never come out, unless some party hides behind the cloak of anonymity and uses some agenda-driven media maven to air some dirty laundry.

interesting.
i thought Barker had them headed in the right direction.

Will be interesting to see who takes over for Barker. Will "Assistant to the GM" Ego Jones finally get the big promotion he's he's been desperately seeking? Wow, can you imagine!

It’s a frustrating article actually.

It says “Nothing has been said for public consumption, but behind the scenes plenty is being said in CFL circles . . . there’s a growing sense around the league that Argos GM Jim Barker won’t be asked to return for reasons that can’t be easily explained.”

But other than that, no details at all. So what is this “plenty” that is apparently being “said” ??

Possible. Or maybe its the return of Clemons.

i hope Barker stays.
he aquired a lot of good pieces for the Argos, but the job is not done, as they are only a .500 team right now.

Barker didn't seem too worried last night. He probably has another gig already. Ottawa ? Edmonton ?

…maybe the Ottawa franchise…orrrrrr Hamilton after they tie the can to Obie :wink:

I didn't find it "frustrating"...just a really poorly thought out article with little effort at any kind of insight. Zicarelli's a good football writer, but his assessments in this article are mindless drivel...

"Jeremy Geathers was coming off the edge, while Donte Paige-Moss ran to the football."

He ran to the football? Seriously? I'm surprised he didn't add that Julian Feoli Gudino did a good job standing on the bench.

Yes, well, I find it frustrating to read a poorly thought out article with little effort made for any insight.

Hilarious. . . thanks for my laugh of the day !! :lol:

I bet he is going to Ottawa

Its possible. I was hoping Ottawa would do better but it could do worse.