Jets Whiteout street party

NHL's Winnipeg Jets after a great start to the 22, 23 season.... limped into the playoffs. It took 81 games to squeak in the bottom position.
The great news is the city of Winnipeg and Jets organization will have once again have approved of the downtown game day "Whiteout" street parties which were very successful in 18, 19 but due to COVID they were restricted until now.
This year they are restricting the attendance to 5000 people at $10 per ticket, $5 of each ticket will be donated to charity.
Food truck, Jumbotrons, souvenirs and a great time. Come out and enjoy the fun & the atmosphere.
For those who attend please share your experiences, everybody else will live vicariously through your words.

2 Likes

awesome. as a Canucks fan, i am envious. i think the Jets are in tough against the Golden Knights but i hope they can beat them.

3 Likes

Looking forward to it, for however long it lasts. 2018 was awesome! Hope the fans have something to cheer about.

Make sure that you and other Jets/hickey fans join the Forum NHL playoff pool linked below.

https://forums.cfl.ca/t/nhl-playoff-pool-2023/84989?u=jon

Off the top of my head I should add @LetsGoBlue @Hometown_Fan @Dibs

To the Manitobans invited into the pool.

1 Like

A bit of a preview of the series that starts in two days.

(Jets believe in Hellebuyck to help upset Golden Knights in playoff matchup Winnipeg Jets believe in Connor Hellebuyck to help upset Vegas Golden Knights in playoff matchup | TSN)

1 Like

My top pick for a first round upset. Vegas took off like a shot at the beginning of the season, fell down a bit in the middle and finished OK.
I anticipate their goal tending, and defence to be their weak spots. They tend to "goal suck" and move up ice too quickly, and make defensive turnovers.

1 Like

They don’t have the snipers the Jets do either but are well coached and play well as a team.

Goaltending could be interesting. As the article above says, Connor’s buddy and 3 year teammate Brossoit is scheduled to start. He was super solid when he played in Winnipeg and not sure why both the Oilers and Jets let him go. Easily Connor’s best backup over the years. Quick and Thompson should be ready to go as well if needed. Let’s hope they are.

1 Like

Very cool All Y'all for transforming your Avatar
Go Jets Go

This includes you to @Squishy21 nothing but love for your team.
"Jets vs Oilers" all in!!

1 Like

I noticed that you and Squishy did so I sheepled.

I posted the below link in the NHL Playoff thread, having temporarily forgotten about this thread. I won’t be there in person but may be able to report Monday vicariously on the experience via a co worker who will be in attendance.

https://forums.cfl.ca/t/2023-nhl-playoffs/84978/317?u=jon

3 Likes

I managed to obtain a couple of pictures of the whiteout party from someone who was there.Apparently a great time was had by all, at least until the Vegas overtime goal.

White Out Photo 1.msg (4.1 MB)

Tonight is sold out again as well but will be cold with an 8:30 p.m. local start to the game and an expected 3 degrees.

3 Likes

Fantastic photos, the energy looked great on TV plus the fly by air show. :+1:

3 Likes

Yeah those were taking in the less crowded True North Square. The same people are going tonight into the crowd this time and have promised me more photos tomorrow.

1 Like

I don’t visit Winnipeg very often, when I do other than taking in an event, it’s just in and out. As much as I would have enjoyed things like that some years ago, my sedimentary lifestyle keeps me closer to home. Plus hate driving in Winnipeg.

1 Like

I hate driving in Winnipeg too. And in the country, where the drivers are even worse. I noticed the crowds were pretty young compared to us. Love the energy like you said but I’ll leave the street partying to the young folk.

2 Likes

Pictures I received from about 5 minutes ago.

3 Likes