Jets |signs Boulay

Jets | Team signs Boulay
Fri, 18 Jan 2008 15:08:20 -0800

New York Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum announced Friday, Jan. 18, that the Jets signed free-agent CB Etienne Boulay (CFL). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

I am very happy for Etienne. But, I am very sad as an Als fan. Boulay could have been a premier safety in the CFL for another decade.

He was also a very intelligent and nice person. When the Als held an open practice at McGill last June (on their home field) during training camp, after the practice, fans were allowed to come down and walk on the field and talk to the Als. Etienne walked right up to a few friends of mine (I was too busy taking pictures) and introduced himself. He spoke with them for several minutes and he was relaxed and made them feel special because he had the time, and the desire to talk with them

He was not only a great player for the Als, but a great ambassador and an even better person.

Bonne chance Étienne!

Gawdammit!
I am going through my custom Als jerseys and find I will now have to file my #22 Boulay jersey into the memorabilia bin, along with my #31 Barron Miles jersey.
Sorry for being a jinx, guys. From now on, I will purchase no more. (unless it's a player I despise).

Terrible loss for our secondary, but I wish Boulay the best.

Man this team is going to have to overcome a lot just to be decent this year.

Time for Proulx to step up.

Proulx gets injured way too often for my liking. We'll see.

True, very true. We’ve got Masson the roster as well, don’t know how he’d work out. Hamilton appears to have soured on Karikari, if they cut him loose we could give him another looksee in training camp; he did have an allstar season for us once a few years back…but if he’s lost it then we can cut him coming out of camp.

Discipline is it just me or does it seem to you that you and I agree about 99% of the time? This is getting eerie…

Are we ... THE SAME PERSON??? And we don't even know it? :slight_smile: :lol:

or separated at birth..............