Jets/Giants question......

......that has plagued me for awhile.........as both teams have waiting lists for seasons tickets, and play in the same stadium.....who get's dibs on the shared seat when the team plays each other every couple of years or so?......my guess it would be whomever is desginated the Home Team......is this correct......

........related story........the Jets and Giants are building a new stadium together next to Giants stadium in the Meadowlands........1 billion dollar pricetag......

The designated home team gets the seats.

1 billion is a rediculous price to pay. Bob Kraft built Gillette Stadium for 325 million dollars. i hope none of this is financed by the taxpayers, and it could be done look at Gillette.

........thanks, thought so Pete.......yeah, one bill is more than enough but they are looking at a retractable roof.......and the NJ taxpayers aren't footing a dollar for the stadium itself, but there will apparently be some upgrades required to the mass transit services and roads, NJ has agreed to look at those items in order to keep the project viable.....

Can you imagine being a NJ Taxpayer paying for a stadium for a team that doesnt even call themselves New Jersy but New York instead

one should move to LA, one should stay in NY and play in Queens while NJ keeps the Nets. Meanwhile the Mets move to Brooklyn and bring back MLB there again.

Nothing gonna change my mind, so they is no use in convincing me otherwise.

But, what happened to the plan for the stadium in Manhattan?

Kanga it fell through when NY lost its chance to host the olympics. There's no way the jets or the giants are going to move to LA, thats where the Saints are going.

Heaven forbid that they move, and if they do, they should move to Shreveport, LA so to keep a team in Louisiana.

Thank god the stadium idea fell though, would have been a big mistake.

But this is all my evil plan, no facts here, and I'm deadest on what I wanna see in the world.

Kanga i have to disagree about the team remaining in Louisiana. Long before the hurricane they have been talking about moving them to LA, which it should go because biggest city without a team. New Orleans had its chance and they haven't supported the team. I think they could build a 75,000 seat stadium in LA and sell it out there.

you have your opinions, my friend, and I have mine. You have your My Madden, and I have mine.

At least we concure on Alaska, almost.

Kanga are you refering to the comment i made about the John Madden ot that the NFL has. He's i think is the only one who likes it, but with every argument i can understand the other side.

no, I'm saying that you own a copy of a madden game and you have moved the Saints already to LA

meanwhile on my Madden, I have moved the Jets to LA and as of a few mouths ago, the Saints to Shreveport.

haha, Kanga you can always make me laugh

I rather it make you smile, but whatever.

would you like to see the list of my changes I made to the NFL?

Yes, post it.

Ok, here I go

AFC

East

1. Baltimore Ravens
  2. Buffalo Bills
  3. Hartford Patriots
  4. Pittsburgh Steelers

West

1. Denver Broncos
  2. Los Angeles Mets (playing in a Stadium called "Arrowhead something(I can't remember :oops: ) Stadium")
  3. Oakland Radiers
  4. San Diego Chargers (Bolt Park)

North

1. Cincinnati Benegals
  2. Cleveland Browns (Playing under their second logo, name of the stadium has chaged)
  3. Indianapolis Colts
  4. Kansas City Chiefs (Super-Chef Stadium) (I'm very proud of that! :wink:)

South

1. Houston Texans (Toros Stadium)
  2. Jacksonville Jaguars
  3. Miami Dolphins
  4. Tennessee Titans (Nashville)

NFC

East

1. Detroit Lions (I thinking about renaming them the Detroit-Windsor Lions :smiley: )
  2. New York Giants (playing out of the new Shea Stadium 2 made for them)
  3. Philadelphia Eagles
  4. Washington Knights

West

1. Arizona Coyotes (Air Robinson Stadium)
  2. Dallas Cowboys
  3. San Francisco 49ers
  4. Seattle Seahawks

North

1. Chicago Bears
  2. Green Bay Packers (playing half regular season games in Green Bay and the rest in Milwaukee, alternates in playoff years, even for GB, etc.)
  3. Minnesota Vikings (Minneapolis-St. Paul)
  4. St. Louis Rams

South

1. Atlanta Falcons
  2. Carolina Panthers (playing in Raleigh-Durham)
  3. Shreveport Saints (New Orleans has the Honest/turned Jazz still in the NBA, so no worries! :wink: )
  4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

You're right with the Hartford Patriots they were suppose to move there. I like what you did with the AFC east, adding Baltimore, and Pittsburgh

why thank you!

I wish the Pats move really happened. :cry:

Come on Kanga that would add about 3 more hours to and from the game. Hartford is a great sports city. I think a CFL team could play there they have a brand new 40,000 seat stadium in Renstisluer Field, where UConn plays.

Personally, I thought the Saints should permanenty move to San Antonio, but a move to the Independance Bowl in Shreveport sounds more feasible. As for L.A., they already have a stadium. Sure, the Memorial Coliseum seems antiquated, but its apparently adequate enough for the potential 3-peating USC Trojans.

OK, I have a question. Why was the CFL considered "dumb" or "bush" or whatever for having the threat of no team in Toronto, and the NFL still idolized and glorified, when countless teams have already failed in LA? And why does the CFL still get called "bush" and made fun of for having 2 "Rough( )Riders", but it's OK for the NFL to have two teams in the same stadium?!? To me, having to have two teams share a stadium is more pathetic than having two teams with similar - or even the same - names!
It's a rhetorical question ... but I think it shows an example of how people love to bash the CFL, just for the sport of it ... and how unwarranted that bashing is.