Jesse's dad working for the Enemy

Well, who can blame Erdman? Taking a whole half an hour to watch DeAngelis kick might have cut into Erdman's very serious and intense "playbook improvement" sessions. For example, here are some of those very brainy "can't miss plays" which mastermind Erdman threw into the mix just this past year:

-Craig Yeast catches kick, immediately gets gang tackled
-Corey Holmes catches kick, immediately gets gang tackled
-Willie Quinnie catches kick, fumbles, immediately gets gang tackled

or how about...

-Boreham misses wide right
-Boreham misses wide left
-Boreham's 15 yard field goal attempt is no good

and who can forget...

-Boreham's punt goes thirty yards
-Boreham's punt blocked
-Boreham's punt taken all the way back for a TD by (insert any kick returner's name here)

Now THAT's great coaching!

So you’re sayin that stuff was in the playbook? Instead of trading Boreham, shouldn’t we be celebrating his note-perfect execution of the playbook? :wink:

I can’t really blame anyone for missing this one guy - there must be hundreds of guys every year, with mediocre college careers and a million excuses why, that want a team to give them a look. You can’t look at them all and you’d waste a lot of time and money trying. This is just one of those things to be filed in the stuff happens file.

I would blame a coaching staff for missing this guy. I knew about DeAngelo and I’m not paid to know these things. If any staff in the CFL hasn’t got a book on all the Canadian kids in the NCAA they are not doing their job.
DeAngelo is doing exactly as the scouting report on him said. He has a strong accurate leg for place kicking. Just because he was injured in his junior or senior year and shared time with another kicker doesn’t mean you don’t give him a tryout.
Top Canadian talent is hard to find as it is, so when someone who was good enough coming out of high school to receive a full ride at a division one NCAA school like Nebraska, you at least give him a tryout.
If Erdmann just blew DeAngelo off without consulting the Per. Dir. Smith he should have been fired last year. However, if he consulted with Smith about him and they both were in agreement then I would have serious questions about the P. D. guy too.

Well put DB!

Complete BS that he wasn't given a tryout!!!!

How dumb can you be?

Neil Lumsden spent his entire career with the Edmonton Eskimos where he also won a Grey Cup...He was born in London and has had office jobs with the Ticats and his son plays here but still you cannot blame him for working with the Eskies