Jesse Palmer's comments about the CFL

I like this guy as a football analyst, too bad he didn't give a full shot with the CFL but fully understand why he would choose the broadcasting thing.

[b]"Palmer says his brief CFL experience convinced him that the league is highly underrated.

"People say the players aren't as good, not as talented. I disagree," he says. "The skill sets are different ... the emphasis is on speed.

"There were guys in Montreal who were easily as good as the guys I played with in the NFL." [/b]

http://www.thestar.com/Sports/Football/article/258537

Good for him. I always thought Palmer was an okay guy.

Finally, someone admits what the rest of us have been saying all along. Put that in your pipe and smoke it sanduskyohio and the rest of the trolls.

Good for him. Things did not work out in Montreal but he still shows a lot of class in talking positively about the Als.

You forgot Argosbill! :roll: :roll: :roll:

If you check the site, it was the last in the sports section. Almost if they did't want us to know... strange....

I didn't notice the CFLman but at least The Star published it. However, looking at the The Star's site, football is no. 4 listed in the sports section after hockey, baseball and basketball so I assume football is not a priority for the editor there, or as much of a priority at any rate.

Studies showed that CFL is no.2 in Canada. Not n.4!

The media (especially in TO) is full of wannabe Americans.

So what we gonna do about it?

I think the CFL is coming along quite nicely in the marketing department. I see more merchandise than ever before. They have better ratings and are getting better advertising $ than before.

Keep in mind that youth football is growing like crazy in a lot of centers and that will translate into more interest which will in turn translate into more advertising $$ and better recognition.

It's a feel good story, thats for sure..
It's definitely a different skill set...
Plus it's just a different form of Football..
But it's our Football...our precious game...
Go CFL....

Then again, he was playing with and against 3rd stringers and cuts in the NFL :?

I watched him start a couple of games for thee giants so there Mark7 but your from Saskabush so you that might be understandable

the giants... sorry friday night football had a couple

palmer was a guy who couldnt make it in the nfl like most of the best player n the cfl are nfl 3rd string and roster uts he mad because he had to leave america

But then most CFL fans can spell, make coherent posts and haven't discovered their "cap lock" on their 64th post....

Go away....

There is no denying that the NFL league has outstanding athletes, but the margin is not as wide as some believes to be. (…) Different rules attract and produce different kinds of athletes. The NFL does well to ensure people believe its athletes are the best in the world, and not simply the best suited for the NFL's rules, is promote the players as unparalleled. You almost never hear an announcer of an NFL broadcast say something critical about a player. Every player is described as the "best" at something, or the "most underrated" at something else. It's smart marketing, and it seems to work – Salon.com

[b]According to «The complete Idiot’s Guide to football 2nd edition» just relisted.

Do you know that Joe Thiesmann the auther of the book said that NFL is not the best football league out there[/b]?

MOST OF THE BEST CFL PLAYERS ARE AMERICANS SO ALOT WERE CUT FROM NFL TEAMS BUT I DONT IT WHY DO YALL COMPARE TO US WHEN YOUR LEAGUE IS MADE UP IF MAINLY AMERICANS?YOU WONT GO TO A NFL BOARD HEARING US BLAST THE CFL DO YOU?THERES NO REASON TOO TO BE HONEST.ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS THAT THE NFL WILL ALWAYS GET THE BEST TIER TALENT BECAUSE THATS WHERE YOU WILL MAKE THE MOST MONEY.THE ONLY THING I I THINK THE CFL NEEDS TO CHANGE IS ALL THIS IMPORT RATIO LET THE BEST PLAYER PLAY REGARDLESS WHERE HE FROM.THE CFL WILL NEVER GET THE RESPECT ITS DUE UNTIL IT REMOVE AFFIRMITIVE ACTION FROM ITS GAME TO BE HONEST.

Normally I try to ignore trolls when I see them, but after spending so much time deciphering your post, I had no intention of going away without saying something.

The fact is, "we'all" don't "compare to you"; you're the one who comes on the CFL board to insist that the NFL is better. "Yall" are the ones comparing yourselves to us, by the look of it. And without any knowledge of the CFL you think you can tell us how we can improve it? Get over yourself.