Jesse Palmer Done in Montreal and CFL???

I agree. Did anybody actually hear Jim Popp say (or was it even reported) that the Als were never going to give him a shot?
If anything he has been one of the quickest GMs to let go of a veteran player when he believes that he has found a more than adequate kid at a cheaper price. I know the QB position may be a little different, but Popp is not an idiot. He knows AC isn’t getting any younger and needs to groom a replacement sometime.
Besides, I would really like to know what “Dad” means by “not giving him a shot”. Sounds more and more to me that he expects his son to be declared the eventual starter even before trainning camp begins. Personaly, I think that he is just trying to stir things up because he believes it will pave the way for his son playing for Ottawa in 2008.

Good post, Crimson. I'm going to give Jesse Palmer the benefit of the doubt for now and assume it's just his idiot dad mouthing off. But if I hear this crap coming from Jesse's mouth, that's it. Let's see how he does on an expansion Ottawa team comprised of other teams' castoffs.

heck the ticats shud take him, we'll take any1 right now

I'm shocked Toronto hasnt made a move to aquire Palmer yet. He would be a great fit, they need to groom a young QB, and he'd be a great marketing tool in the league's largest market. Otherwise I'd like to see him in an Ottawa uniform from 2008-2015! (or if not, somewhere....I'd just like to see a Canadian QB start and succeed in this league)

Nothing is Worse then working for Family.

I wound not do it

Personally I don't see what the big deal about palmer is..I mean he's only played 8 games in 6 years in the NFL and the last time he actually won a game was in 2002.....5 years ago!...Yeah...with those impressive stats he deserves a starting position?..He should either report to camp and get in shape or stay at home and eat nachos.Stop being a whiny kid like Lindros was (remember him?)