Jesse Lumsden

lol dont worry habman i saw the “performance” and i was very happy with it …jesse looked good. i do want to point out that i never doubted his talent or ability. i had a problem with all the credit the guy was getting. if fri was any indication it looks like he may earn it…but unfortunately i have to remind you its a long season and one of the big question marks is his durability…i dont recall the last time he made it through an entire season without injury. even a shortened 7 game season with the cats. if he can stay healthy it will be fun to watch his progress.

Nice thing also is that the Cats are getting someone who has matured mentally and physically the last couple of years and has got this "NFL dream" system into a perspective. Not that this dream might be gone or whatever, but he knows more now the ins and outs of trying to make it there.

Agree hendy, the inside could be problematic for someone as tall as Jesse, they will be chopping at his knees as he comes through big time, more difficult to do with a back with his weight that is 5'9-10", NFL style. Once in a while, though, he will have to do this to keep the d's honest I think.

I think if he has a good year he will try the NFL again next year.

He might give one more crack at the can if he can show he can pound and run away from some people here. But I just think he's a tweener in terms of what the NFL is looking for in a rb and he's too small for a tight end there.

I don't know how he made as many yards as he did with such minimal blocking provided by the oline.It will be a tough this year for any kind of run game between the tackles if the blocking isn't improved.Watching the oline the last game the interior line stand up and saunter to complete their assignments instead of charging off the ball.More aggression is needed.

He should give up on the NFL fantasy and build his career here in Hamilton. He has lost out on 2 seasons pretty much because of the NFL dream, which then had atleast some minor minor hope. By now though it should be clear he isnt going to make it. To have the best career possible in the CFL it is time to show he is commited fully here. Losing another year next year for a failed NFL fantasy will really be detrimental to him.

So are you conceding that Lumsden is good enough to start for the Cats? That’s what it sounds like to me.

He must be good enough. Everyone who saw the last pre season game and the other practices said he looked like the guy who should.

Nice to see SOME are FINALLY getting it.

Lumsden is a STUD. If you couldn't see it from the get go last season then you are watching the wrong sport.

I think Earl hit the proverbial nail on the head ... Jesse is simply not built in the mode of an NFL runner, he has ABOVE AVERAGE strength and speed, but not ELITE in either.

Peace.