Jesse Lumsden possibilities!!

Ok in my other page i was stating we could use Jesse Lumsden as a fullback along with Terry Caulley as the running back..if they didnt want to do that..what about using Jesse Lumsden as a slotback at times??

Like think about it...We all have seen him as a running back and how it takes like 5 guys to bring him down. Can you imagine him playing as a slotback at times...He catches the ball some 20 yards down the field, im telling you right now..no one or two defensive or cornerbacks is going to get him down. He will pick up yardage like there is no tommorrow.

I think you may be on to something. Lumsden is not going to last the year taking full-time touches as tailback. Overuse him and he will be injured - it's a simple fact. However, this team does not have a good history of utilizing talent (i.e. Lumsden and Holmes)

Caulley and Lumsden in the same backfield sounds good to me...

the only problem with that is i remember reading an interview with lumsden and he said how 1 of the only reasons he went to mac,was because he was told by coach marshall that he would be able to play running back,so who knows if he would go for it now that he has been playing as 1 for so long.
he might go for it but he might not be as happy about that as the coaching staff would.

the only problem with that is i remember reading an interview with lumsden and he said how 1 of the only reasons he went to mac,was because he was told by coach marshall that he would be able to play running back,so who knows if he would go for it now that he has been playing as 1 for so long.
he might go for it but he might not be as happy about that as the coaching staff would.

Caulley has certainly earned his spot...Jesse has a lot to prove. Firstly that he is tough enough mentally to play through injuries ...secondly that his body can hold up to the banging that a slasher/ power runner takes.

As far as slotback....dunno about that. Is he really that fast????

8) Without question, Yes he is !!!!!

you need a one ,two punch for success in the cfl!

Lumsden should get the ball 20 times a game and 10 times as a reciever- IMHO any O.C who wants!!! to win uses his best players

I've been wondering about that too.

If the coaches were going to use a running back at slotback they would have used an allstar like Corey Holmes but unfortunately they could not work him in.

My gut feel is that Lumsden will be an Indy Colt next year.

I predict that Cal Murphy who scouts the CFL for the Colts, will have him in for a try out during his option window, and the Colts will realize that he will be good situational back and will sign him.

During the Colts game in which Kenton Keith started a few (last?) weeks back, the announcers mentioned that Cal Murphy talked to Keith in Saskatchewan and told him that if he was able to make it through a full season here, then they'd have a spot for him.

I would assume the same would go for Jesse. So until he manages to play an 18 game season without getting banged up, his NFL dream should be on the back burner.

fullback - dickerson lumsden
running back- darran diedrick, terry cauley, ron mcclendon

o-line- jerome, hage, bernard williams, few draft picks

QBs- Printers, Richie Williams, Chris Leak

Why would Lumsden go from starting running back, to back up fully back? And why would Darran Diedrick, who can't win a starting job anywhere, come in and surpass Caulley? And why would we pick up Ron McClendon, when Anthony Davis is already here?

Where would we get "a few draft picks", that could start on the O-line.

The only thing I agree with in that post is signing Chris Leak as a 3rd stringer. Other than that, it is pretty much the most pathetic attempt at assembling a starting offence that I've ever seen posted on this board.