Jesse Lumsden has been cut by the Redskins!

Many of you just continued ranting an bypassed the comment above.

so here is the quote from the Redskin website.

“Lumsden remains a candidate for the Redskins’ practice squad,
should he go unsigned by this Sunday, Sept. 3.”

Yes …But We are Stack at Running Back…

we have Two Canadians Already…
3 Us Born Backs…

We need OL Help Crash… one one Tackle Spot needs an Upgrade…

Jessey Will Blot Again for NFL Next Year
Hill and Woodard will Sign long term…

he might even get picked up by another teams practice roster. but if they really wanted him why wouldn't they keep him till at least saturday to protect him a little longer. that is really just a question not sarcasm? Anyway impressing someone when they really didnt expect anything from you is easy. would ha have made as much noise if they had high expectations put on him going into camp? doubt it. so its all relative really.

Based on the Redskins website, even if he stays on as a practice squad player, he’s hanging on to the NFL dream by a thread. Players in that situation rarely graduate to become primetime players. More often than not they’re released a year or two down the road. I don’t mean to sound cruel or insulting but the NFL has now twice deemed him to be a marginal player at best. Maybe he’ll try NFL Europe before returning to the CFL.

An Argo fan

[quote="ronfromtigertown..Many of you just continued ranting an bypassed the comment above.

so here is the quote from the Redskin website.

"Lumsden remains a candidate for the Redskins' practice squad, should he go unsigned by this Sunday, Sept. 3."
[/quote]
I hear you Ron. At the same time the Skins still have to make another round of cuts. Early cuts occasionaly end up on the Practice Roster, buts it not all that common. Either way I wish him the best. I'll never understand all the anger people direct at a man whose trying to make it in the NFL. He's no different than most of the young players in this league.

Too bad he keeps getting nicked up at the most inoportune (sp?) times during his NFL trys.

Gotta admire him for his efforts.

He's a hoot to watch as most everytime he touches the ball, he seems to make something happen.

Whether he comes back here or not is up to him and the Ticats, but again, he'd be fun to watch. :stuck_out_tongue:

I wouldn't complain.

nah i dont think its complaining mikey just a matter of keeping things in prespective. hes a guy and everyone wanted him to make it so bad that they refuse to read the writing on the wall. people feel like because they know him or he went to mac it is a victory for them as well. i like the feel good story i do but aside from his physical stature he is a fabrication of the hamilton media and his dad.

jesse is going to come back and then they will trade someone so they can have jesse. they will trade anthony davis because jesse is canadian and more important to the organization

ooops…sorry…

I meant I wouldn’t complain myself if he came back…

I wasn’t referring to the other member’s posts …but I can see how that could have been read a different way.

:thup:

(truth be known, I’m still catching up on the bazillion posts from this morning and on…I need to take a speed reading course and soon!..lmao!) :lol:

I ask this every time but it seems like the rule is disregarded. Can an option year CFL player stay on an NFL practice roster? Once he is released and clears waivers, I understood that since he is not under an NFL contract, his rights revert to the CFL team.

jacksonville just lost their main backup running back so I hope jesse gets a look from there or any other NFL team before he comes back!

Close but no cigars for Jesse.

Interesting way of putting it, as he was in the American capitol city, where Clinton was in office.

Clinton Portis :slight_smile:

Someone else will pick him up.

Seahawks or Arizona

Just a heads up,but it seems the mods are trying to consolidate duplicate topic threads. As there was already one started on this topic, this might get locked out.

Not that I care. Better duplicate threads on TiCat topics than putting up with McMahon's random speculation as to who the next Stampeder's water boy might be.

I'm looking forward to watching Jessie at IWS again.

I’m hoping Denver or Houston

An obsession with running backs and receivers is how we got into this mess. Trade whomever you need to trade, or draft, or sign, to get a quality O-line and quality D-line, with depth. Then go from there. Football starts, and often ends, on the line of scrimmage. Another running back, even the Prodigal Son, wouldn't make any difference right now.

You are right.
The problem is not Hamilton OFFERING a long-term deal, Lumsden won’t sign it!

I think the TiCats will have to adopt some of the philosophy that Toronto used with Prefontaine…
Basically it went like:
Noel, as of right now you have a home; if you want to play here sign the multi-year contract, because we’re done with all these “remainder of the season” deals.

Lumsden has to decide whether he wants a career in the CFL, or not.
A roster spot cannot be “held” for him continually, so he can return to use the Canadian league as his personal training center. :expressionless:

Not fair to the team, teammates, or fans.