Jermese Jones

And fines are probably the “just” punishment too! Suspensions would be excessive.

I would be ok with a suspension for a similar incident next year, but with the whole AJ Gaas thing this year it honestly wouldn’t be justified.

Agreed, Dust...helmet throwing should be an automatic suspension next year...

Rod has a blog? lol

But ultimately he served nothing. So theoretically any helmet throwing incident would go the same route.

Also Gass threw another guy’s helmet he was fighting, and had just ripped off his head. I don’t approve of Jones’s behaviour (I was literally yelling at the TV for him to get to the dressing room), but put it in perspective.

Fining is worse, this way he has to play for free. With a suspension he gets the weekend off.

Im pretty sure you don’t get paid while you’re suspended.

You definately lose a paycheck if you are suspended.

But he gets the weekend off without pay. Make him have to play for free. There’s nothing worse for a professional athlete than having to play for free. Would you be happy if you had to go to work and not be paid ?

I do no think they can play for free. The club would pick up the fines and would most likely come out of any bonuses the player would achieve during the year. The fine is minimal anyway.

It’s called the play-offs…

Whether it's a fine or a suspension it comes out of the players pocket. All I'm saying is, why give the guy the weekend off, make him play regardless.

Well here is the news, both riders were fined for activities after they were kicked out of the game.

If you read the article it is interesting that they still don't know why they got kicked out in the first place. Mr. Proulx will have some explaining to do now....

[url=http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/story.html?id=1e6a9625-4d55-43e6-b524-a2d978540bd4]http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/sto ... d978540bd4[/url]

Real interesting comment by Tillman on pg 2 of
that article.

"The league office is here to serve the member clubs, not vice-versa," Tillman said. "We ask a relevant question and we look forward to the answer."

I guess its true league commisioner is nothing more then a figure head.

Embarrassing.

Could you imagine a gm in the NHL demanding an answer from Bettman??

sniff Tillman and Austin upset with the league hmmm should that not be a $10,000 fine. They want answers can they handle the truth! I would suspect further fines to Tillman again.

Actually, they do in the NHL and NFL and other leagues. They know they have to be fair but also respond to the questions from the franchises. If they don't they know their days are number. The ones that have been successful, have acted quickly and were seen to take the best interests of the league to heart.

The problem with the CFL, is taking the best interests of the league to heart usually means getting two or three of the owners mad at you. And your contract won't be renewed. But this is beside the point and outside of this thread...but I think they have a valid question.

What gm has ever come out saying the league office is here to serve me and demand an answer to his question?

What league Mike?

Mike I believe your early season statment about Tillman is becoming true.

The league is not the commisioner. It is not the refs. It is for the fans. It is fans. It is coaches. It is players. The league should have to answer the question. Why were the players thrown out. Is that a fair question? I listened to the radio Austin and Tillman. It was almost 20 minutes. They both said the league was right on Jones and MBM. Why are they wrong to ask the league to answer that question? The league is the teams. It is not the office. Tell me redwhite. Is that right?

Besides the CFL…

how about Brian Burke doing it in the NHL. Everytime he questioned a play and sent a tape to the league office. Do you not think that is demanding an answer or are you stuck on the words that Tillman used.