Jeremiah Briscoe

Can we PLEASE get this two time winner of the Walter Peyton award into a game??!! Thank you. If not at a time like this, then when?? After Kilgore gets injured in the third? By then its too late. Give him some reps if only to throw off the opponent. I realize Maas is up against it, but i think sometimes you need to reach into the tickle trunk if it means saving your job. Nothing to lise at this point and everything to gain. How about a healthy one two tandem until Harris gets back? Just sayin!

I’d also like to see Shaquille Cooper and Kevin Elliot suit up to play against the Tiger-Cats. They’ve both played well in their one start previously and things need to be shaken up somewhere.

:-\

Yeah agreed, a shakeup seems necessary. I feel like JMaas is improving with his decision making. Now if he can get the team to respond and not lose the room. Shake it. Shake it hard!

The other idea that’s crossed my mind is for the Eskimos to acquire McLeod Bethel-Thompson from the Argos. The Argos went with James Franklin as their starter in the last two games and seem to have thrown in the towel on the season. Bethel-Thompson might therefore be available cheap. And his passing has not been the Argos’ problem this year. Consider these Passing Efficiency numbers:

Matt Nichols 107.2

Vernon Adams Jr. 98.9
Mike Reilly 96.4
McLeod Bethel-Thompson 95.5
Bo Levi Mitchell 89.0

Logan Kilgore 77.4

AndBethel-Thompson’s arm has propelled his Fantasy price upward this year to $8353 which is higher than Matt Nichols’ $7742!

Well there is fantasy, and there is reality. Reality is that MBT is not going to be the next great one in the CFL. I don’t want another team’s scraps.

We keep looking. I would not be against giving James Franklin another shot IF he proves himself in a workout and in an interview akin to a draft prospect.

They ought see where his head is now given all the adversity after putting him through his paces again.

If he balks at that, we run away.

Well if you’re talking about reality, James Franklin isn’t part of the conversation. Bethel-Thompson has been the better Argo QB by far.

???

Yes I am not debating that reality and never claimed anything of the sort.

On the other hand I don’t agree that MBT has upside. The open question I am asking is if James Franklin ought be put through his paces again so to determine a second chance.

He had plenty of upside when he left and before MBT. I say check those tires again and go from there.

Toronto can keep MBT or Winnipeg can have him.

Toronto can keep MBT or Winnipeg can have him.
So we got option #1. It seems that Logan Kilgore is going to be the horse the Esks ride into the post season.

If Kilgore is the answer, you’re asking the wrong question.

We’re not going far this season anyway. It’s a write-off and the best case is Maas goes on his own when it’s not too ugly.

Rebuild in any case.

East Final? And then we can dream, can we not? Could perhaps the Defence do the job for a couple of games?

???

I doubt it. They haven’t played all that well against the good offenses in the league this year.