Jeffcoat, Bombers agree to one-year extension

Jeff Reinebold wrote a very heartfelt letter to the fans upon leaving Hamilton & I'm sure he loved his time there. Why go to Montreal? My guess is he got a better deal, no

[/quote]

Possibly, like LaPo in Saskatchewan 13th man debacle, someone needs to fall on the dagger in Hamilton for taking a knee and giving up a single late in the game.

I agree with almost all of what you have said, but some players will sign in WPG for less than they’d get from another team. Yes all of WJ/JJ/JH all got a raise from lastyear, but I’d bet another team would have offered more had they tested the waters. These guys want to be here, and having them locked up might make it easier to sign others. With a few more signings we’re back as a legit threat to 3Peat.

3 Likes

That would be us. We were noticably ‘quiet’ in last year’s free agency period. Instead we concentrated on signing our own guys. I’ll bet the same thing happens this year. If we lose anyone we’ll just airlift a hundred bodies into camp and run 'em through the ‘Talent Sifter’ (patent pending).

1 Like

Don’t forget that I started this when I related a radio broadcast and what Doug Brown said. I was trying to summarize his views as best as I could remember them and found them interesting and plausible. You could actually call into his next show on CJOB and argue with him. I, for one, would listen to that.

As to Reinebold, I also think WeGotTheCup is getting warm when he suggests there needed to be a fall guy for the infamous single point, which will probably live on in infamy, much like the 13th man. I can see fans sarcastically screaming at returners to take a knee late in a tied game so they can lose by one. However that actually played out, I was disappointed in Steinhauer’s response, first jacking up the bus and throwing White underneath to change the tire, and now possibly canning Reinebold. Steinhauer is ultimately responsible and he should have just said that and left it at that. That is what leadership looks like. And I do like Steinhauer and think he is a good coach. One mistake won’t kill him if he learns from it, and hopefully he will.

Betting every fan was wishing these two signed with THEIR team… I know I did. I am also betting even the fans in red had the same wish

2 Likes

Not everyone Rider. That’s not what Hufnagel does. The Calgary OL allowed the 2nd least sacks & had 82 less passing attempts. He isn’t spending the $$$ on OL that Winnipeg is, & is getting as good production. When fans look at sacks allowed, they forget that you have to drop back to pass to get a sack. You don’t get sacks on running plays. In 2019 the Bombers allowed 35 sacks on 586 dropbacks. The leaders, Edmonton, allowed 25 sacks on 703 dropbacks despite losing 3 left tackles to injuries during the year. In sacks per dropbacks, the Bombers were 6th, Calgary 2nd. I’m not saying the Bombers don’t have a good OL, but those are the stats courtesy of the CFL website. Make of it what you will. Bottom line, despite that, they won the Cup both years.

If it’s not obvious, I am responding in regards to Hardrick who, by the way I think is a pretty decent RT. I like the fact he got paid - good for him. But being among the highest paid RT’s in the league as a 1st time All-Star. You can argue that point IMO.

Gee it was unequivocal shear luck then that the stamps finished behind the bombers and the riders then the past two seasons… Cannot for the life me understand how the stamps did NOT WIN EVERY CUP in the past 20 years by your reconing

2 Likes

You funny. ROTFLMAO. If you don’t know that text acronym you will need to look it up.

2 Likes

pants, I can assure you the Bombers won B2B Cups because of the strength of the OLine, not despite it. Not sure how anyone who even watched only a couple Bomber games since 2019 could say that!

2 Likes

OH but we are not taking into account the Stamps vs quarterback the the letters d in their names, and were also born on a Monday but only in the afternoon between 1PM and 5PM, parameter there possibly room for argument the red team did win every championship since 1960

1 Like

MISTAKE - AGE

Thanks Cactus !

1 Like

He’s 31 years old in the metric system (Canadian)…
…I think that makes him only 27 in USA years. :laughing:

2 Likes

Do you even know who Willie is? :thinking: Only the most dominant DE over the past 3 or so years…It’s a huge plus to have signed him, no other twist can be put on it.

3 Likes