Jeff Garcia

Actually I cut only one of the 3 consultants and keep Mathews as a senior advisor. Similar to the role Jackie Parker kept in Edmonton for 40 years. A father confessor, a sounding board, a sage.

I'd make sure the other had a job description.

Then I'd send popp on the road to redemptive scouting.

I totally agree with you on Johnson, slant, he’s been a waste of a roster spot so far. Hebert I’m ambivalent on, and I wouldn’t give up on SJ just yet.

Oh Green has talent for sure. Just mired in the past I think. Bad body language. Get new guys in who want to be Als of this generation. Some enthusiasm. Kyle Graves would love to play without whining.

Heibert is a walking arrogant penalty waiting to happen. send a message.

http://cdn.nextimpulsesports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/BXbN5rzCQAAt-bW.jpg

I think Montreal has more consultants than coaches now. :stuck_out_tongue:

But seriously, I agree with this:

They need to start defining roles and maybe let one or two guys go.

I think popp is setting up a shadow cabinet that reports to him.

I am just waiting so see how many Jeff Garcia Passing Academy alumni end up getting tryouts from the Als. Who knows, maybe JaMarcus Russell will end up in a Als uniform this year.

In fairness, he hasn’t had a pile of catchables thrown at him

really good point. This could be a very good method of showing his boss that he is trying to make it work with the HC that was selected for him w/o outright stepping smacking the hand that feeds him

Depop...I see it possibly as more negative.
My opinion on popp is that he is a meddling smooth operator.

I see the "shadow cabinet" as a way for him to by-pass the coaching staff altogether and to have a group overseeing the current staff report directly to him.

Higgins is a dead man walking and popp wants him gone. Having an owner appoint a HC over popp will not go unpunished by popp.

This is popps team, he will determine who's involved, who will play, who will coach.

Talk about dysfunction. Players now openly complaining of Chad Johnson entitled behavior. He's no doubt there at popps insistence for ticket sales. They have Carter who's only there to get to NFL. popp tells everyone to come and see him now because he'll be gone soon. And reports are out that Carter is causing probs. popp has brought in nothing in the way of player talent to assist. only washed up receivers, big names and old ex Als. They have 3 consultants rumbling about without defined roles. It just goes on and on. and popp will be teflon.

Truer words were never spoke...
From a piece in the Toronto Sun...
"I’ve coached, and I’m tired of you media guys buying (Jim) Popp’s crap that the problem is coaching over there. We all know (Marc) Trestman was a great coach, but the talent level in Montreal has been going down year after year. Fired (Dan) Hawkins. Blamed him. Now it’s Higgins’ fault and Popp’s bringing in Matthews, Schonert and Garcia. He can bring in Marv Levy next. They won’t win six games. They have a few players who are good, but their overall talent is average at best. Their quarterbacks are terrible. That’s on Popp — not the coaches …"

Unnamed source and therefore easy to discredit. But count me as a one who believes it is the truth.

My money (if I had any :lol: )says that sometime this season,sooner or later that we will see Jeff Garcia in uniform and taking snaps this year under center for the Al's. I mean honestly,ask yourself can he be any worse than what the Al's have at QB right now ???? Calvillo just retired at age 40 so really what's another 4 yrs difference with Garcia being age 44 ??? You have to admit it would make a very intriguing story line on both sides of the border,and who knows maybe,just maybe the wily old vet might just surprise us and still have some magic left in him. :cowboy:

...Marv Levy is like 90 years old

Well bring Marv back too then!!! Heck they already got that young pup Matthews on board who is a mere school boy of 75,Levy is only 15 yrs older than the "Don"and while they’re at it in Montreal…I wonder what Mr.Superstar Johnny Rodgers is up to these days ? maybe they can get him back as well. :roll: :slight_smile: :lol:

Jim Popp is making a bigger mess of this then Wetenhall did.

Barry MacDonald from the TEAM 1040 in Vancouver said," Are they going to bring Sonny Wade back too?" LOL. Good one. With Gary Lefebvre as receivers and special team coach!

I wonder how much all these consultants cost? At the rate Montreal is going they'll be paying more for coaches than players by the end of the year.

More Chiefs than Indians right now.

Whoa. I think Montreal fans have suffered enough. :o

Hold on there, Chief, I am not at all convinced that you are accurate on that.

I tend to suspect that things in Montreal are going to get a whole heck of a lot worse before they’ll get any better.