JEFF GARCIA JOINS ALS COACHING STAFF

MONTREAL - The Alouettes announced on Monday that former CFL and NFL quarterback Jeff Garcia has joined the team’s coaching staff.

Garcia, a four-time CFL All-Star and NFL Pro Bowl selection, joins the Alouettes' offensive coaching staff.

[url=http://en.montrealalouettes.com/article/jeff-garcia-joins-alouettes-coaching-staff]http://en.montrealalouettes.com/article ... hing-staff[/url]

Must be hard getting around the locker room with all those coaches under foot. The Alwets loaded. :cowboy:

Seems a little odd that they offered Garcia a job - and he accepted - before either side knew what the job would be. He doesn't actually have a specific role yet - just a "member of the staff".

Over the next few days, we will be able to better evaluate all of our coaches and establish what their exact roles will be.
I wonder how many other coaches on their staff don't know what their roles are?

Anyway, assuming Garcia ends up working with the QBs, Calvillo may end up regretting his decision to sit out the year. There's only so many QB coaching jobs available in Montreal, and he's got pretty deep roots there.

Yah the Al's coaching staff must have traded locker rooms with the players? Wow how many coaches and consultants does that make now??

Do they need more coaches or maybe some better players?

Garcia now becomes #1 on the Als' depth chart. :twisted:

An Argo-Cat fan

Despite all the yukking going on about Garcia's hiring...I think it could work out well for them. Bob Wetenhall has created a dynasty in the past with the Alouettes...and he could do it again.
But in the meantime we need to get things together and create our own dynasty!

8) Believe it or not, Garcia stated yesterday that if needed, he would consider coming out of retirement at the age of
  44, to play QB for the Al's !!

I know that he is a fitness fanatic, and is in great shape, but playing football at that age, is another question
     entirely !!   Herb Zurkowski  said that apparently Garcia was serious when he made that statement !!   <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

In that case, maybe the Cats should have brought him here !!   <!-- s:wink: -->:wink:<!-- s:wink: -->

http://cdn.nextimpulsesports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/BXbN5rzCQAAt-bW.jpg

I was only kidding.

An Argo-Cat fan

The only good thing about this Als mess is that, in addition to the Redblacks starting to show their true colors, the presence of Montreal and Ottawa in the East virtually guarantees that the Ticats make the playoffs this year.

I would be shocked if the Als don't make a major trade for a QB soon. Like Drew Tate. If they continue to stall with the QB's on their current roster, crowds will become thinner and thinner at McGill. Montreal's offence is brutal, and especially hard to watch for fans who have been spoiled for the past ten years by Calvillo.

Do they still have Kyle Quinlan on speed dial?

Whoa I didn't think of that. If Kyle had stayed with the Als, even on the PR, he might have had a legit shot this season.