Jays and the 2021 MLB Season

That I enjoyed. Fantastic season opener on TV coast to coast in both the USA and Canada with the Jays 3-2 winners in a ten inning dandy over the Yankees! Really fun one to watch with the Jays showing surprisingly great defence timely hitting and superb pitching. And I do love the rule they kept from last year of extra innings starting with a runner at second.

Vladdy looked slimmer and good. Stat of the day hardest hit ever off the Yankee pitcher 114 mph liner up the middle.

Teoscar CRUSHED one which I'm sure had fans smiling all across Canada. Here the highlights.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/blue-jays-vs-yankees/2021/04/01/634642#game_state=final,lock_state=final,game_tab=videos,game=634642

Sportsnet had some issues trying to do post game interviews but otherwise pretty good broadcast from Yankee Stadium considering Dan Shulman was calling the game from a Sportsnet studio in Toronto and Buck Martinez was in his home I assume in Florida.

I know what I'll be doing at 1:00PM Saturday. Baseball is back!

1 Like

Yes, Jays start with a hard earned victory without Springer. It'll be interesting when exactly the Jays can play their home games in Toronto this season. I think it's May they are looking at now at the earliest. Who knows what will happen though.

Very good start to the season.

Take a series from the Yankees and show some nifty defence in so doing.

Then take out the Rangers 6-2 today.

Yup. So far so good.

Jays take Texas Rangers Home opener yesterday!

Over 36,000 unmasked, undistanced Texas fans watch Bluejays steal the Rangers Home opener yesterday!

Beautiful stadium and the stands look very close to the infield there.

i saw a lot of masks. Texas is an outlier. They have said we are free to manage risks. freedom at any costs. Remember the Alamo.

People are outside in the fresh air, some people will wear masks if they feel comfortable.

Looks like the Toronto Blue Jays of Dunedin are about the become the Toronto Blue Jays of Buffalo (again)

Sources: Buffalo Bisons set for temporary move to New Jersey (sportsnet.ca)

I had heard that was the plan. Hopefully at some point this year they can be the TORONTO Blue Jay's again.

Thursdays game vs Angels : Jays had 15 SO. That's the equivalent of 5 innings.

This team is so fundamentally poor they are hard to watch. Swinging for the fences, running basis, failure to move runners, manager being far to cute. Just awful.