Jason Maas vs. Danny McManus

Since Ticat fans frequently come to dislike their starting quarterbacks after a brief honeymoon period, I just thought I'd ask this one.

Which of them (when healthy and in peak form) would you choose as your starter?

Judge both of them from when they were at their best.

(This thread is not meant for bashing Jason Maas in any way, regardless of who you would answer.)

No comparison seriously.

no question Danny Mac. Even if Maas had this team 5-3 I'd still say Danny Mac. Danny was allpro. Loved the guy.

I agree. Maas is more mobile than Danny was, but McManus was a far more exciting passer (even with the odd pass going to the wrong team).

Danny Mac gets my vote.

I agree. Maas is more mobile than Danny was, but McManus was a far more exciting passer (even with the odd pass going to the wrong team).

Danny Mac gets my vote.

Hardly anything to compare is there? Danny Mac actually had a very good, LONG career. Jason Maas...?

An Argo-Cat fan

without question Danny Mac

What an insult to Danny Mac to even ask that question. Never mind career, Jason doesn't have a season to equal Danny. Then throw in the class that Danny always dispayed and the loyalty to Hamilton, making this his off-season home and you see that Jason isn't even in the same league as Danny.

Other (1)

Russ Jackson

Has to be Danny Mac. At his prime, Jason Maas was backing up Ricky Ray. He had one good season, not a full season mind, when he stepped in for Ricky. How many GOOD seasons did Danny have? No comparison.

The Hersh

edit: can't spell tonight.

Danny Mac.He came in and took us to 2 grey cups in a row.All star,all class.

We will probably continue to see our share of stupid polls. They seem to go with the territory. The good ones will present alternative choices that are comparable, equally acceptable, attractive to both opinions.

Polls like this, on the other hand,....

Danny Fired darts Mass fires ducks!

I don't understand the point of this poll, it's like asking who would you rather have Dan Marino or Jim Mcmahon, or who would win in a fight between Peewee Herman and Andre the Giant.

Anyways Danny would be amazing in this WCO system, even now.

Ya Too bad GunSlinger has Retired his Guns…

Danny, not even close. :wink:

No body could release the ball quicker, no one could read defences as well as Danny Mac.
I have truly tried to be a Maas fan, but in my heart of hearts, I truly believe he never wanted to be here from day one. Not to mention covering up his injury better than the Watergate tapes. He was damaged goods when we got him and to be fair to Jason, THIS PRESENT TIGER CAT TEAM HAS NOT DONE A TRADE WORTHY ENOUGH OF A PROFESSIONAL TEAM.

No body could release the ball quicker, no one could read defences as well as Danny Mac.
I have truly tried to be a Maas fan, but in my heart of hearts, I truly believe he never wanted to be here from day one. Not to mention covering up his injury better than the Watergate tapes. He was damaged goods when we got him and to be fair to Jason, THIS PRESENT TIGER CAT TEAM HAS NOT DONE A TRADE WORTHY ENOUGH OF A PROFESSIONAL TEAM.

srry for the repeats dang computer

cheergirl1985

Your words are worth repeating... repeating. :wink:

An Argo-Cat fan