Jason Maas for Kevin Glenn?

Don't laugh it could happen! As a Bomber supporter I'd support it, only because I'am not a big Glenn fan and I know Maas is one of the best when he has a supporting cast. In Winnipeg he'd have that support. I only bring it up because a co-worker and I were talking about starting Qbs for 07 the other day and he mentioned how well Maas would probably fit into the Bomber fold! Interesting coming from an Argo fan! I don't personally see Hamilton trading Maas away but stranger things have happened in our CFL! I still believe we are going to see a major trade in our league before the opening kickoff of 07 involving at least two starting Qbs! Just a feeling and my opinion,what about yours? :cowboy:

hamilton's coach already said he's giving maas another chance in '07

I think it's funny how no one can really say anything bad about Maas and you can add me to the list. I hope he gets another year to prove himself in hamilton, cause when he is on, he's mos def one of the better starters in this league. I really hope whatever ailed him last season is repaired to the point that he can play at the level he expects from himself and we have seen from him in years past.

True enough drummer but I remember after 1991 when Toronto said they wanted to keep Dunigan for the next 3 years and he ended up in Winnipeg right after they had a broadcast proclaiming Dunigan as their starter for the next 3 years so I wouldn't bet the family savings account on anything!

...i think Maas is a pretty good qb. IF ...he's healthy....Lancaster said last year that Jasons career is probably going to be cut short in the CFL... due to his injuries...and i respect Ronnies opinion....soooooo the Cats can keep him....not much of an up-grade over Kevin anyway...sorry scotty just my opin... :roll:

That trade will never happen, and certainly not this year.

Throw in JR and I d take that trade but not even up.

Pggy hope you had a great Xmas. What Glenn is worth two guys is the xmas liquor effecting your judgment. Glenn is worth nothing my friend absolutely nothing. He does not show something soon the hook will be out. Jason Maas on the other hand has proven himself over the years. I think with the right receiver mix and a good offensive minded coach Jason will be back. Hey I am not even a JM fan really. But comparing Glenn and Maas is a joke. Glennn has done nothing. It is the Milt Stegal show that has helped him. Mind you I guess if you get four or five Milt Stegals out there then I guess Glen might be good then!

mahn you guyz are way to harsh on gleen you statisctly he was rite up there with ray,joeshph,calivo,burris so before you start bashing ppl do your research

You type as though you've had your fair share of libations already this evening..... :wink:

Maybe you should be looking at your own quarterback rw. Glenn is far better than Burris. Last year Glenn's numbers were comparable to Burris despite him getting injured mid-season. Also Glenn almost won us the East semi-final (before the defense blew it) whereas Burris threw four interceptions.

As well you yourself have in the past stated that, other than Stegall, Winnipeg's receivers are worthless. Calgary had a much better receiving core last year and yet even with a better supporting cast Burris still could only match Glenn in QB rating.

So if you want to say Glenn is "worth nothing" then I guess you are saying that Burris is worth less than nothing right?

Seems to me I have posted this before, but it appears worth repeating.

In 2005, when Glenn started, the Bombers went 9-5; when Glenn didn't play, they were 0-4.

Enough said.

Mad Jack, I assume you mean 2006?
And consider that two of the Bomber losses after a Glenn start saw him leave the game due to injury. So games started and finished, he was 9-3. Games started but not finished, or not started at all, last year, the Bombers were 0-6.
Now some will say, "yes, but that proves Glenn can't cut it because he is always hurt".
Well Jason Maas has missed more games due to injury in his career than Glenn has, so that issue becomes a wash.
Then add in that Glenn will only be 28 this year, Maas 32. Also consider that Maas was supposed to lead the Ticats to the promised land and he was awful, got his coach fired and missed the play-offs, while the Bombers were nearly unanimously picked last year to miss the play-offs.
Now factor in the patch work oline the Bombers utilized.
And some say it was the Stegal show?
Yeah, it was the Stegal and "I got nobody else to throw to show". When Maas had his one, and only good year in the league, he had Tucker, Hervey, Mitchell, Brock, etc..
Which of course leads to the statement that Maas is a "proven" starter. Yes. Proven to be an inadequate starter.
Kevin Glenn has gotten better each year. Maas is getting worse.

Anyway, to sum up, I'd only give the Ticats a bag of used jock straps for Jason Maas in a trade.
If the Bombers made that deal, Taman should be fired.

'Nuff said!

Great post Arius, and I was only referring to their performance of last season where Glenn was right behind the Legend Calvillo in most stats, lets also not forget that Lancaster publically stated that JMs shoulder would never be 100% again, whereas Glenns torn knee ligament has been repaired to 100%. His knee injury was never properly diagnosed or repaired to begin with which gave him most of his problems planting and throwing off that leg. Glenn is on the rise whereas Maas will be finished if he doesnt have a great 07.

i agree with pigseye

Stats are for losers wins losses is what counts nothing else. The idea of the game is to win the Grey Cup!

I am in agreement but due to other factors. The problem with Burris is that he saw one receiver out those good receivers the Stamps have and he was trying to force the ball to him through out the season. If you go back to the game where Burris and Rambo were arguing on the sideline that is the start of the problem they had in their dressing room. So yes you make a good point and I would agree. Where as my point is you can not say Glenn is an Eastern All Star QB at this time. Yes he has some variables against him from achieving this.
Burris and Thurmon were a failure and it effected the performance of their receiving core. Hopefully the coaches will put an end to this.
But for Glenn to be successful he neeeds better targets out there then that joke of a GM has given him.

wrong!

a QB could have amazing stats, but his team is what causes the losses...example: bad special teams, fumbles after catch or run, horrible defence.

exactly gleen was 9-5 in games he started and finshied...burris was 10-8...calvio was 10-8.......joeshph was 7-9..ray was 7-11....dickionson & pierce were well just great...mass was 3-13....so by the looks of it the only qbs that did better than gleen are dickonson,pierce so i dont know what your smoking saying stats are for losers...and we woulda been the grey cup not for m & m

[quote="redwhite2005"][quote="Blue_Dragoon"][quote="redwhite2005"]

I am in agreement but due to other factors. The problem with Burris is that he saw one receiver out those good receivers the Stamps have and he was trying to force the ball to him through out the season. If you go back to the game where Burris and Rambo were arguing on the sideline that is the start of the problem they had in their dressing room. So yes you make a good point and I would agree. Where as my point is you can not say Glenn is an Eastern All Star QB at this time. Yes he has some variables against him from achieving this.
Burris and Thurmon were a failure and it effected the performance of their receiving core. Hopefully the coaches will put an end to this.
But for Glenn to be successful he neeeds better targets out there then that joke of a GM has given him.[/quote

just a little note on the Bomber receiving corps and something to look for in 07 .... and it starts with Derick Armstrong

i think Glenn is going to improve his stats immensely with Stegal and Armstrong as his targets...I'll tell you right now....if one don't get you the other will...have fun trying to cover both of these guys my son...they're gonna be a terrific dual threat... :rockin: :thup: