Jason Goss

Whatever happened to Jason Goss?

[url=http://www.ticats.ca/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=11231&highlight=jasno+goss]http://www.ticats.ca/index.php?name=PNp ... jasno+goss[/url]

He retired due to Family Reasons...although I think the lack of respect, and the horrible coaching got to the guy.

Horrible coaching, sure.

But what's this lack of respect stuff? Could you elabourate?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Good enough? (Lack of respect from the fans)

I hope that Lady Luck is with Goss.

I believe Jason showed lack of respect towards the fans and the team.

I've yet to see an interview or comment from him?

Agreed.

To walk out and quit on the team it had better be for a very dire situation.

how about possibly losing 2 family members who are gravley ill..

is that dire situation enough for ya!

If that were true then, yes, that would certainly qualify. Why all the secrecy then?

it is not if I had the time I would show you but I did read here.

Funny you should say that because I also read about that too.
It mentioned his wife as being one of them however it was his wife that was posting here about why PaoPao was going to loose his job and bragging about it.

So....where's the truth??

All I have heard and read were rumours.
The media havnt said anything definitive, he never made a statement nor has the team.
Total limbo. It was handled very poorly.
If privacy was a concern he or the team needn't have gone into specifics.

Funny you should say that because I also read about that too.
It mentioned his wife as being one of them however it was his wife that was posting here about why PaoPao was going to loose his job and bragging about it.
So....where's the truth??
[/quote]
I must have missed this one? was it posted over the summer?

No conspiracy. The team has probably remained quiet just to give the man his privacy. However, The Spectator reported on Goss's situation last week -- probably because of questions raised on these boards:

http://www.hamiltonspectator.com/pdfs/20060908/SP4.pdf

thanks HA1912GCC

If privacy was a concern and Jason has two family members who are apparaently gravely ill then a couple of questions really need to be asked.

Why is a family member participating on a message board to explain this "private" matter and why do they claim he's left because his heart's just not in it anymore?

[i]GossFan

Posted: Sep 03, 2006 - 03:14 PM

No, I believe he is done with his career in football as a player.. He does some high school coaching during the off season, and He wants to get involved with that again.
These players can only play football with their hearts for so long. Then it doesnt become their passion anymore. I think with numerous things, it has gotten to that point with him.
But I dont want everyone to down him, because I believe he would still be playing if it werent for personal reasons.[/i] :smiley:

Here's a link to the post and sorry for those I'm about to offend but for someone that has two ill family members I find the big ol smiley at the end of that post just about as grotesque as it gets.

http://www.ticats.ca/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=10977&highlight=jason+goss

whats left in his contract?> can he actualy just bounce right now

canucklehead: I read that thread. It started because the team placed Goss on the suspended list but did not make any related announcement. Fans here guessed that the cause was a penalty taken in a recent game. It now appears that he requested a leave to go home and look after personal issues (just like Holmes did when his wife was expecting.) Any personal tragedy can affect a person, but it can be particularly acute when living hundreds of miles from family, or in a different country. I can believe that the team's record is simply not the issue.

So, how about this: the team decided to remain silent to respect his privacy. If he does retire, then presumably they will say something. By remaining silent now, however, they give him time and space to make a decision without any pressure from the media or fans.

The team, and maybe Goss himself, may have no control over the family member who posted these comments -- and who just wants to defend him when others are questioning his priorities. Maybe the smiley was an attempt to put on a brave face.

So, I really don't see a conspiracy here. I'm willing to accept that Goss and the team kept things to themselves until they used the article in The Spec to clear the air for curious fans. The family member simply took it upon herself/himself to comment.

As for "bouncing" on his contract: I believe CFL players are paid by the game, unless injured. If they are not on the active roster, they collect no "active" pay. Anyone else know about this?

Bingo :thup: :thup:

And as far as anything else goes...it's non of our business really!

The response of some on here is to taint Goss good name! The guy was one of our best and we should be wishing him well. Period!